• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

And the winner if worst tire of the year goes to....

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I suppose within the Treps generation family, the softness can signify being sticky. I was generally speaking more about how reds stick better than them all and feel harder than them all. Crazy Maxxis has used so many different compounds in the same sticky tire. May be why some folks' Treps seem to work better than others. Kinda puts a bit of a risk on buying Treps used - never know if yer getting a better or lesser sticky compound. Or maybe there's not that much difference between them?....idk. I have seen some Treps on the trail that I was completely unimpressed by, and also some that would hang pretty good. I know every application is different, but this could explain some of the performance variations.

Kush must have gotten a set of them sticky icky ones. His hook.

Re:

creepycrawly said:
Kush must have gotten a set of them sticky icky ones. His hook.

Puns aside, his work because he rides alot. Because of the tread depth, bias construction, and ridiculous amount of sidewall tread, treps take forever to break in. Most sets start losing softness before they even get broken in.

Re: Re: And the winner if worst tire of the year goes to....

blacksheep10 said:
Ken Blume used to say go burn the first 1/4" off of them in the driveway and take a grinder to them before you ever drive them. My 39 reds WORKED out of the box. very little to no break in
That's why the only sticky to have is a red, far as Im concerned. Unless you ride a polaris ranger......****. Lol

Re: Re: And the winner if worst tire of the year goes to....

TacomaJD said:
That's why the only sticky to have is a red, far as Im concerned. Unless you ride a polaris ranger......****. Lol
43 sx do work too lefty.

Could part of the Red's advantage be the tread design? Note: I'm not biased, just jealous all I have are regular old Tsl sx

Hudson1 said:
Could part of the Red's advantage be the tread design? Note: I'm not biased, just jealous all I have are regular old Tsl sx

I don't think so. Guys run them damn near bald with cords showing with success.