• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

And the winner if worst tire of the year goes to....

jp fan said:
Treps have always amazed me for riding around these parts and Jesse Haines is usually on the podium out west

After watching him at the Donner WERock event the other weekend, I'm pretty sure you could give that dude a worn out set of Thornbirds and he would still podium most crawling events.

Other than Tracy Jordan, Jesse was the only one to not burn 5+ minutes trying to get through this line during the Showdown.
9BC9E13F-FF84-48AF-8C5D-953917E87CF4_zpssnztct5j.jpg

On topic, I would drop a 37 trep down to 6psi or below on a lightweight rig. They're a stiff, heavy tire.

Stretch said:
After watching him at the Donner WERock event the other weekend, I'm pretty sure you could give that dude a worn out set of Thornbirds and he would still podium most crawling events.

Other than Tracy Jordan, Jesse was the only one to not burn 5+ minutes trying to get through this line during the Showdown.

How did tracy do with the rig?

94xjsport94 said:
That's a good looking unit.

Thank you, it was a damn good buggy. Life got in the way and I let it sit and rot Down like an idiot. Then I let it go way too cheap. Pplblazerdude has it now and he's really got it looking good.

blacksheep10 said:
How did tracy do with the rig?

Really well. That is a badass little buggy and the ORI's looked dialed. He had a lot less body roll and unloading on off cambers than some other guys did. Won the event. He had one course where the engine was creating a smoke screen and wouldnt clear out very well. Jesse kept him honest with a good run in the Showdown. They both made the same bonus lines, but IIRC it came down to one cone hit that separated them in points at the end.

InDaShop said:
Is so cool to see ORI's at that escelon

I still think they are perfect for the weekend trail buggy and even more perfect for a cone dodger - air shocks still kick ass on those tiny buggies...and we all know an ORI is a churched up air shock laughing1 loller.gif

I havent even run mine yet and I was so happy with how easy they were to package on the build. Sure...there are downsides; but you get a trade off with everything

slravenel said:
I still think they are perfect for the weekend trail buggy and even more perfect for a cone dodger - air shocks still kick ass on those tiny buggies...and we all know an ORI is a churched up air shock laughing1 loller.gif

I havent even run mine yet and I was so happy with how easy they were to package on the build. Sure...there are downsides; but you get a trade off with everything

You kids and your 3.0 airshocks. laughing1 :p

I enjoyed my treps, for the record.

74_Chevota said:
You kids and your 3.0 airshocks. laughing1 :p

I enjoyed my treps, for the record.

Facts. Your sticky boggers were the jam on the old Jims buggy. Mark that ****. And don't hate on the 3.0Airshawks. You would have tried them out too if you hadn't been trying to build a race CAR (that one is for GONOVRIT) that aborted into a trailracer, Mr. Come climb the side of Choccolocco because I can't see **** behind me with my big ass race CAR radiator in the way. :flipper:

I'll just sit back now and put my kidney belt on because I am too poor to link my ****. laughing1 thumb.gif

muddinmetal said:
They make a non sticky bias 37 trep. Any chance you have those?

I got 37" bias and 37" comps on the same shipment. The ONLY difference between the two is the comps have a color Maxxis logo on the sidewall. Everything else was identical.

mckeddie said:
They are the comp compound. They say competition on the sidewalk as well.

When I had my set I talked to Maxxis about it and never got a straight answer whether the non-sticky said competition or not... The only answer I got for certain was that it would have the orange hot stamp on it if it was a sticky. But I will tell you Super soft compounds like racing slicks, sticky Swampers, and sticky traps can get ruined in bad weather and with bad care, a compound like a red label all cracked up and beat up is still sticky as hell, a Maxxis or Swamper that gets left outside for way too long especially in really cold temperatures loses almost all of its stickiness eventually

im pretty sure the treps mckeddie has are the ones that my brother bought from Muddinmedal......i think that is right..... maybe

zayne2427 said:
im pretty sure the treps mckeddie has are the ones that my brother bought from Muddinmedal......i think that is right..... maybe

It's your brothers old ones.

Re:

I suppose within the Treps generation family, the softness can signify being sticky. I was generally speaking more about how reds stick better than them all and feel harder than them all. Crazy Maxxis has used so many different compounds in the same sticky tire. May be why some folks' Treps seem to work better than others. Kinda puts a bit of a risk on buying Treps used - never know if yer getting a better or lesser sticky compound. Or maybe there's not that much difference between them?....idk. I have seen some Treps on the trail that I was completely unimpressed by, and also some that would hang pretty good. I know every application is different, but this could explain some of the performance variations.