• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another stupid tire debate

Which one?

• 34x9.5x15 TSL

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • 33x12.5x15 TSL

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • As long as it comes with Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
The 9.5's Cut into the mud more rather then sit on top and I have ran into spots where you need that. If you sit on top you just spin but if you dig down and grab the bottom of the sludge then you can go with less pedal.

The 9.5's Cut into the mud more rather then sit on top and I have ran into spots where you need that. If you sit on top you just spin but if you dig down and grab the bottom of the sludge then you can go with less pedal.

The opposite can also be said though. There are times where the 9.5's cut down too deep, an get you highcentered, where the larger footprint of the 33 will float ya over it. This can be said about snow or mud.

I agree with the general concencous of going with the 34x10.5 LTB:awesomework:

You're also going to be able to fit the narrower tire with a smaller lift and or/less body work.

And just a little factoid, every military vehicle that I have worked with runs a tire that is approx 3 times as tall as it is wide, whether they are set up in dual config or not

Example is the Humvee, they run a 37x12.5, which is a 2.96 diameter to width ratio.

About 14 years ago I ran 34.10.5's, and loved them. Now I am running, 34 10.5, and they seem a lot better, but mostly that is becouse they are siped, and at 4lbs. I'd still run the 34 9.5's over the 33 12.5's.

Last edited:
The opposite can also be said though. There are times where the 9.5's cut down too deep, an get you highcentered, where the larger footprint of the 33 will float ya over it. This can be said about snow or mud.

I agree with the general concencous of going with the 34x10.5 LTB:awesomework:

Cutting too deep is true, but if you are going to be in mud that is that deep then you may want to look into a taller tire. The 34x10.5 is a better tire by me then the 12.5 or the 9.5. How wide your tire is has alot to do with how much your rig weighs, type of trail you will be on (mud, rock. lose dirt, tacky soil, etc) and how you wheel.

TSL is a great tire. I like the wide 33 inch tire more than the tall skinny one. More stability and wider foot print are both things I like.

I'm suprised it's more even keeled a vote than i imagined, I think I did this debate on the "other" board and it was way lopsided. I still like a 33x12.5x15. Just for the width and stability. Lots of sidehilling in the future... But i'm really suprised it's a 60-40 split. :corn:

I would still run the 10.5 over the 12.5. Should have plenty of stability still with the right backspace and axle WMS-->WMS dimensions

I think you should get the LTB 34 10.50 15 so your right on the middle :fawkdancesmiley:

thats what i did, and i grooved the center lugs. they are oober sticky and wear really fast. also they are fun in the mornings when they are cold.

summit racing has good prices on them,$159 ea. they only charged me $9 handling fee per tire... no shipping charges

I've ran all three tires mentioned, the 9.5s work good but you need a narrow rim. The 34x9.50 or 10.50 is what I would run.:beer: