• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another stupid tire debate

Which one?

• 34x9.5x15 TSL

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • 33x12.5x15 TSL

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • As long as it comes with Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
I already know the answer you'll probably all say, and why, but i like asking anyways. :fawkdancesmiley:

If you had a choice between a 33x12.5x15 TSL Bias or a 34x9.5x15 TSL Bias. What would you pick and why?

:corn:

if it is more or all off road 33x12.5x15 TSL Bias

if it sees 50% or more on road year round 34x9.5x15 TSL Bias

Why would you want less ground pressure?.

A wider tire does provide more surface area.

Has anyone ran the 34x9.5's to give a first hand experience?! :corn:

Ran just about every combo. there are really so many variables. Weight and size of vehicle power plant and gearing and last what kinda of terrain. If you want to get specific I like less ground pressure because I'm am a mud-slut And I like it when I'm in the squish the soft and stinky down right dirty C'mon

I think you should get the LTB 34 10.50 15 so your right on the middle :fawkdancesmiley:

Why would you want less ground pressure?.

A wider tire does provide more surface area.

Has anyone ran the 34x9.5's to give a first hand experience?! :corn:

In eastern wa I ran a 34x9 tire in the snow, the pizza cutters did quite well, and in some cases better than wide tires, but failed in deep snow, low ground pressure will keep you up on top of both mud and deep snow, same ideas used in heavy equipment in the LGP series, wide tracks to keep you up on top of wet soil.

I ran 2 sets of 34x9.50 on my TJ for 2 years. And currently running a 34x10.50 on the Cherokee. I like the 10.50 better, but on the TJ the 9.50 worked great. Neither of these rigs were meant for or enjoyed in snow. I've always used the buggy's for that.

33's are :rb:

Ya, I thought about those, but i want to try an extreme... i'd use something else for snow, but i wouldnt mind them for Naches...:eeek:

Hi All:

The 34X9.5 might be fine for flat land 'wheeling, but for off-camber trails in the mountains I'd want a wider tire for stability.

My US$00.02

Regards,

Alan

======================================
I already know the answer you'll probably all say, and why, but i like asking anyways. :fawkdancesmiley:

If you had a choice between a 33x12.5x15 TSL Bias or a 34x9.5x15 TSL Bias. What would you pick and why?

:corn:

I've had numerous sets of 33's but have never run the 34's. Over the years I've run with many guys that have run the 34's and they always seem to have a problem staying on the rim. Even beadlocks liked to pop the inside bead.