• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any Buggy Radio Ideas

mikemounlio

Im looking to add a radio to my buggy. Any great ideas out there? Im new to buggies so i dont have any good exp with what is a good idea or not.

I think i am just going to get a bluetooth speaker. 50$ on ebay. I saw one in the store yesterday and it was nice.

Marine amp wired to a pair of 8" wakeboard tower speakers. Cheaper stuff found online. Have about $140 invested and it sounds pretty good. Miss the controlling it by the radio like I previously had but space was an issue this go round.

Another amp and wake tower speaker guy here. Amp is tucked under the seat and speakers on the cage. Sounds great and louder than I need. I just hook my phone to the amp and stream Pandora or mp3s.

I like the idea of the marine amp to speakers idea. Ill have to do that.

Think i will mount the amp right by my battery and just run two speaker pods at first and go from there.

I like the pyle 400w amp
Which speakers would you guys say to get? I would want them to be black to match the buggy.

I made a portable box that straps into my backseat. Houses a 12" sub, 2 amps mounted on top with a pioneer head unit sitting vertical next to the sub but a divider in between. One 400w that powers the sub only and a 300w that powers 2, 4" alpines in the dash. All my controls are done through my mp3 player.

I personally hate this setup. Sounds excellent but takes up the kids room in the back seat. I designed it to be temporary until I could figure out a better permanent solution. Room is a huge issue in my rig

mikemounlio said:
Si i have been reading about the pyle amp and speakers to go with it. I think i want to get the pyle amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_72976_Pyle-PLMRMP3B.html 59.99$, infinty speakers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18858_Infinity-612M.html 69.99$, and 2x MB Quart nwf 254 subs http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15108_MB-Quart-NWF-254.html 74.99$ each.

If i wire it to only be on when the buggy is on do you think i will have any battery issues?

If you have any problems, it won't be with your battery....it'll be frying that little amp running two subs and two high output coaxial speakers. That amp says 400w, but that's probably peak watts, RMS watts will be much lower. I bet total amp output in RMS watts if actually measured would probably only be around 100-150 watts split up between 4 channels. Only way to tell is to try it though. Those subs are only 100 RMS watts and my 6x9's are rated at that. Think my 6.5's are 75 RMS watts a piece, then it doesn't take **** to run those tiny speakers in my dash. It may sound ok, only way to know is to try. I'm surprised my junk sounds decent. I can tell it could use more amplification, but for what I've got in it, it sounds good enough for me.

Very true. i think i might stick to just the speakers at first and see how it goes. Then i might add a single sub later on.

Re: Re: Re: Any Buggy Radio Ideas

TacomaJD said:
If you have any problems, it won't be with your battery....it'll be frying that little amp running two subs and two high output coaxial speakers. That amp says 400w, but that's probably peak watts, RMS watts will be much lower. I bet total amp output in RMS watts if actually measured would probably only be around 100-150 watts split up between 4 channels. Only way to tell is to try it though. Those subs are only 100 RMS watts and my 6x9's are rated at that. Think my 6.5's are 75 RMS watts a piece, then it doesn't take **** to run those tiny speakers in my dash. It may sound ok, only way to know is to try. I'm surprised my junk sounds decent. I can tell it could use more amplification, but for what I've got in it, it sounds good enough for me.
If anything he'll pop the speakers because he's clipping the **** out of them, it will eat a speaker alive, usually the leads go before the coil. With proper voltage and rated ohm loud that amp won't give, unless a dead short in a sub/speaker blows the protection circuit and kills the output.

What is clipping? I only said the pyle amp because plenty others have used it and liked it. Im not trying to win a show here. I just need something to play when im at the rear of the line and waiting for all the jeeps to winch out of my way. HAHA (just sold my jeep so now i can talk **** about them)