• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

any great diesel shop's

Ya Free enterprise sucks ass huh??
I'm not saying that this is a hard job but I'm sure you would want someone at your side when first tackling it. Bagging on shops for this though is counter productive. You pay a premium when going to a shop for the labor and the fact that they have the knowlage to do it right and use the correct tools and parts to keep you from having to come back.....

Who said anything about free enterprise sucking ass?

By the way, a year and a half ago when I called DDP about having the KDP preventative work done I was quoted $375. A nearly 50% increase is some crazy inflation.

Having someone at your side might be nice, but this work is not anywhere near difficult or technical enough to require it. It really is just nuts and bolts.

One thing I will add, if you want to have your timing checked or advanced, the best time to do it is while the timing gear case cover is off. For that it would definitely be beneficial to have someone who knows what they are doing helping you or a reputable shop.

Too bad you just missed the Bomber's party. You might try asking around on their site for someone to help you if you want to do the timing.

Who said anything about free enterprise sucking ass?

By the way, a year and a half ago when I called DDP about having the KDP preventative work done I was quoted $375. A nearly 50% increase is some crazy inflation.

Having someone at your side might be nice, but this work is not anywhere near difficult or technical enough to require it. It really is just nuts and bolts.

One thing I will add, if you want to have your timing checked or advanced, the best time to do it is while the timing gear case cover is off. For that it would definitely be beneficial to have someone who knows what they are doing helping you or a reputable shop.

Too bad you just missed the Bomber's party. You might try asking around on their site for someone to help you if you want to do the timing.

Yeah I saw that:mad: ohwell I'll post up there and see what happen's that's for everone's input on this topic:awesomework:

its a very simple thing to do. really cheap if you order the parts from cummins northwest directly. it costs about 60 or less, i dont remember exactly but its cheap and it only takes a few hours, just take the time and do it yourself so you have the assurance of it being done :D

Ya Free enterprise sucks ass huh??
I'm not saying that this is a hard job but I'm sure you would want someone at your side when first tackling it. Bagging on shops for this though is counter productive. You pay a premium when going to a shop for the labor and the fact that they have the knowlage to do it right and use the correct tools and parts to keep you from having to come back.....

I went to dynamic, and ddp. I had to go back both times. DDP ****ed up my brand new nv4500 and basically told me to sit on it.

The 145 increase in price is for their new store front.