• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

any great diesel shop's

tear into it yourself. you can do it for free or damn cheap in parts. just give some WHOREs free beer and I bet you'd get the help :cool:

yeah $520 to take care of my kdp done ouch anyone else but that's out the door taxes included..:booo:

Well if you want to drive you've got the power shop in enumcrawl, and their going to be around the same price... Then you've got dynamic :puke: in Snohomish

But like Nuzzy said if you have any mechanical skills you should be able to do the KDP your self... Kinda depends if your pin has moved any...

Powershop is a little more usually.. And it's going to be pricey no matter where ya go. So you've either gotta take it to the shop, or make some new friends..

and why in the world would ya pay for a KDP? Sheesh, you have much to learn..

So what does he really need?? A fan wrench and a special socket for the crank...Right? Other than that its nuts and bolts if i remember correctly.

So what does he really need?? A fan wrench and a special socket for the crank...Right? Other than that its nuts and bolts if i remember correctly.

yeah there is a great write up on it and it doesn't look to complicated.just time consuming

$520 is fawking ridiculous! Seriously, that is like $120-150/hr for labor.

Just do it yourself. You can order the kit from TST for about $50, buy a new crank seal, timing case cover seal, and washer straight from Cummins for about $60, or piece together the stuff from local vendors.

I did it myself and it is way easier than it first sounds. Afterwards you will be wondering why you ever worried about it at all, I guarantee it.

If you need a fan clutch wrench, you can borrow one from Autozone. You have to leave a deposit, but it is fully refinded when you return the tool.

I just needed a large wrench that I just happened to have and a hammer to smack it with... worked great.. no special tools as far as I was concerned..

I just needed a large wrench that I just happened to have and a hammer to smack it with... worked great.. no special tools as far as I was concerned..

Ya but you have to look at it this way jeff--you being mechanicallly inclined and know the product--alot different than somebody who doesn't know the product at all...

yep I've already seen that writeup.doesn't look all that complicated but still need two poeple to do it.

Their instructions say you need 2 people, probably because they call for removing the fan support bracket, fan clutch, and fan as a single unit and then the fan shroud has to come out simultaneously.

I got the fan clutch wrenches from AutoZone, removed the fan clutch, then the shroud, and finally the fan support bracket. I didn't need a second set of hands and had no problems.

Really, this is a LOT easier than it first sounds.

It is definitely not a $500 job.

It is definitely not a $500 job.

Ya Free enterprise sucks ass huh??
I'm not saying that this is a hard job but I'm sure you would want someone at your side when first tackling it. Bagging on shops for this though is counter productive. You pay a premium when going to a shop for the labor and the fact that they have the knowlage to do it right and use the correct tools and parts to keep you from having to come back.....