• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any Yamaha enthusiasts out there?

jneese9125

Like it says. I've had everything over the years and as far as durability yamaha and honda have always been the best to me. I understand the viking was a big let down cause we all want a yamaha rzr killer but do any of you have a viking. Thinking about getting a beer wagon for trail riding and I wanted to see what y'all had to say about them. I can make one look cool no doubt but other than looks what do y'all think about them?

X2 on a rhino. I had an 05 660. It was awesome, I didn't think it was that slow. With exhaust and a tune it would do 85. That's freakin stupid for a dump bed utility with no cage. Lol

It was a great light trail rig

Re: Re: Re: Any Yamaha enthusiasts out there?

ibrokeit said:
LOL. No way a stockish rhino was doing 85. Sorry.

Dad has a 700 efi rhino with a tuner box thing and exhaust and it will only do 45ish (maybe 50?) Can't remember exactly

I had an 07 660 and now own an 09 700, great for my 11 yr old to follow us around while trail riding and to go get parts when needed. Never had the first part break down.

No first hand info. But id look at the viking hard if i wanted a utility wagon..im sure its great

jeepxj said:
Buy a teryx :****:
I was on board about to pull the trigger on a teryx then I drove one at koh and within 5 min my ankle was hurting the contorted position my foot and ankle was in was dumb the angle of the seat to the gas pedal plus very little leg room equals complete fail!

As far as person experience with rhino my dad had a 660 I broke both rear shafts at the same time not beating on it but bought a pair of chromos off eBay and never had another failure, belt blew up once with my nieces and nephew driving it ??? The wheel bearings are as bad as a Rzr 800 they go out regularly! Haven't looked under a Viking but also the rear diff mount had to be cut out and replaced with some beef!

I love my 700 rhino for hunting and it has actually surprised me on the trail to, no way in hell someone went 85 in a 660 rhino with pipe and tune

Ive talked to a few ppl with vikinigs that like them. my rhino was as built as you can build one and only ran like 66.. the Yamaha's aren't powerhouses but they are tough and reliable for the most part.. JBS will have all kinds of clutch parts and performance stuff for them before long

Latest posts