• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody gettin' mo' money Dec. 1st?

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
Be a $25,000 raise for me!!!!

http://fox8.com/2016/11/18/new-overtime-law-impacting-millions-of-workers-goes-into-effect-dec-1/

An overtime rule goes into effect on Dec. 1st that could potentially affect millions of workers across the U.S.

Businesses have been scrambling to prepare for the onset of the Fair Labor Standards Act, which changes the threshold for overtime pay to $47,476. Salaried workers who make less than that are eligible for overtime pay when they work more than 40 hours in a week.

As the rules currently work, companies can avoid paying overtime to full-time salaried employees making as little as $23,660 by classifying them as "exempt." Those workers aren't entitled to overtime pay even if they work more than 40 hours a week.

What goes into effect on Dec. 1 changes that. The White House said the 40-hour workweek has eroded over the years, with workers putting in more hours without being compensated for them.

What does that mean for companies? They'll have to anticipate higher payroll costs, either by paying out more in overtime or raising the salaries of employees so they hit the $47,500 threshold to become exempt employees.

Companies could also make changes to paid time off, bonuses and incentive plans to compensate.

The salary threshold will be updated every three years. Based on projections, it is expected to rise to $51,000 by January 1, 2020, after the first update.

Re:

And people continue to try and say we live in a capitalist society and blame capitalism for everything although it doesn't really exist.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No mo' money here. My position goes to non-exempt but we don't budget for overtime so none will be allowed. 8-5 and out!

They're f'n around with us trying to classify us as "educators" and using the teacher exemption on us. FYI...I work as a county extension agent. Although my job does involve "teaching" people how to manage their land, I DO NOT get the summer off!

Crap pisses me off...

It has been temporarily killed from what I've heard. I've got a job that requires travel and I'm just under the pay level and already got switched to having to clock in/out which just doesn't work while traveling. I sent this to my boss today. He's working on getting me promoted so my pay goes well over the minimum limit.

Re:

Bumping this back up.....my company chose to go ahead bump us up even though the law has been pushed back for now.

Kinda shocking actually...they're usually the most bare ration skin of the teeth penny pinchers I know.

Anyway....piss off dollar menu, double quarter pounder no onions here is come!!

Re:

tonybolton said:
Bumping this back up.....my company chose to go ahead bump us up even though the law has been pushed back for now.

Kinda shocking actually...they're usually the most bare ration skin of the teeth penny pinchers I know.

Anyway....piss off dollar menu, double quarter pounder no onions here is come!!

My wife was supposed to get a $7500 raise. Now no one where she works got anything. Kinda sucks ass!!!.