• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aop drama??

I'll be at center hill lake on my boat, join me. No drama, just good smooth whiskey, and warm water. A good recipe for good times.

Jduck said:
Bring them cameras to Morris this weekend and film some trail riding and a race for bragging rights all to raise money for Vets. Thats what people wanna see anyways! thumb.gif

^^^^^^ this!!!!!!!

I loved the old beatdown trail riding videos. It's migrated to racing only because that's what pays but man I do miss the old wheeling videos.

pholmann said:
^^^^^^ this!!!!!!!

I loved the old beatdown trail riding videos. It's migrated to racing only because that's what pays but man I do miss the old wheeling videos.

We aim to focus more on Trail Rides and unique events in the future. The racing stuff seems to just be more of the same here lately.

Re: Re: Aop drama??

tonybolton said:
...the end. And there is a Milwalkies Best waiting for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Nah not yet gotta wait till August when the eclipse happens :smoke:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
We aim to focus more on Trail Rides and unique events in the future. The racing stuff seems to just be more of the same here lately.

Awesome, sounds great! At least you are fair about who, what and where you video. No picking one :tc

Guys, thanks for not making this a **** show. Very proud to read something that is handled and explained logically. Carry on.

Re:

I've waited a long time for the right topic and category to whine about this a little. It's not directed at any ONE park. Seems to be most places. I have seen it more at AOP, simply because that's where I've been to the most events due to location. Not that they'll miss my measly $25.00, but actually quit attending events due to what it was becoming. I would get there early, find me a nice spot, just BEHIND the red tape. Stack me some rocks or whatever and set up "my spot." Well, there's no need to go into great detail about what would end up happening. Everybody's seen it. As the words are being screamed into a PA system throughout the holler, "stay behind the red tape," people slowly set up camp moving toward the yellow tape, then beyond it, until eventually, I'm in the BACK of the crowd at the red tape. Also, I always enjoy several cold beverages, but the one time I took my young nephews, I had to explain to them why the dude close by us had to be hauled out on a stretcher from damn near killing himself due to alcohol poisoning. My wife went, ONCE, had a drunk, mouthy prick fall down the hill into her, then came all the rocks he knocked loose on his way down. Nearly got puked on my last trip. I could go on forever. I completely understand this is not supposed to be like a Sunday School class, but I do expect to be able to incorporate family, and common decency. I hope they do get a lot more serious about safety zones or whatever. It's usually the drivers, drivers friends, friends of the "media," that start standing on the wrong side of the tape. It's like they have super powers and can't be hurt by rocks, tires, buggies or whatever because of who they are. Unfortunately, all good things change. This whole "event" thing has kind of evolved into something I just can't support. I love the parks, the buggies, most of the drivers, and most of the park owners. It's just been a bad experience the last several times I attended an event.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It's TGW events all over again.
Use to be fun to go to. I spend some off time and Florida. I would go by myself walk around, find some friendly decent people, usually catch a ride or just chill and watch.
Now I'm nervous to go alone. 75% of the people there don't know or care about off-road vehicles. They come to fight, f##k, and get drunk.
I haven't been to a race or event in 3 years.
The srrs and similar races are not nearly as bad but there is a slight change in the events.

Old school trailriding and shenanigans for the win!!

BustedKnucklefilms said:

X3 I used to watch all the time, but now I watch when someone texts me with, "DUDE, CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO! [link]" It is more of the same, now I pretty much just watch Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, and any kind of TTC or Ultimate Adventure video. Racing got old the way cone dodging got old.

tyldyl12 said:
I've waited a long time for the right topic and category to whine about this a little. It's not directed at any ONE park. Seems to be most places. I have seen it more at AOP, simply because that's where I've been to the most events due to location. Not that they'll miss my measly $25.00, but actually quit attending events due to what it was becoming. I would get there early, find me a nice spot, just BEHIND the red tape. Stack me some rocks or whatever and set up "my spot." Well, there's no need to go into great detail about what would end up happening. Everybody's seen it. As the words are being screamed into a PA system throughout the holler, "stay behind the red tape," people slowly set up camp moving toward the yellow tape, then beyond it, until eventually, I'm in the BACK of the crowd at the red tape. Also, I always enjoy several cold beverages, but the one time I took my young nephews, I had to explain to them why the dude close by us had to be hauled out on a stretcher from damn near killing himself due to alcohol poisoning. My wife went, ONCE, had a drunk, mouthy prick fall down the hill into her, then came all the rocks he knocked loose on his way down. Nearly got puked on my last trip. I could go on forever. I completely understand this is not supposed to be like a Sunday School class, but I do expect to be able to incorporate family, and common decency. I hope they do get a lot more serious about safety zones or whatever. It's usually the drivers, drivers friends, friends of the "media," that start standing on the wrong side of the tape. It's like they have super powers and can't be hurt by rocks, tires, buggies or whatever because of who they are. Unfortunately, all good things change. This whole "event" thing has kind of evolved into something I just can't support. I love the parks, the buggies, most of the drivers, and most of the park owners. It's just been a bad experience the last several times I attended an event.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Eddyj said:
It's TGW events all over again.
Use to be fun to go to. I spend some off time and Florida. I would go by myself walk around, find some friendly decent people, usually catch a ride or just chill and watch.
Now I'm nervous to go alone. 75% of the people there don't know or care about off-road vehicles. They come to fight, f##k, and get drunk.
I haven't been to a race or event in 3 years.
The srrs and similar races are not nearly as bad but there is a slight change in the events.

Old school trailriding and shenanigans for the win!!

Errybody hitting the nail on the head! :woot:

BustedKnucklefilms said:

Good to hear.

smbroady82 said:
4 cylinder races FTW ! :rolf:

Those races are actually fun af. Watch y'all blaze trails then go ride the rest of the afternoon

Eddyj said:
They come to fight, f##k, and get drunk.

Sounds like my wedding night.

All of this is like drag racing and pretty much any kind of racing. It starts off with a few "grassroots" guys and the. Spins off into multiple formats, arenas, promoters, all trying to get their piece of the pie and drawing in new money from spectators. Leaving the grassroots guys back where they were when it first started still doing what they love. I think we may be missing the fact that Matt and Cole probably love a good low key trail ride with friends as much as all of us. Full time jobs, and all the other things they do is probably pretty dang exhausting, but these brands have been created and it takes new likes and shares to keep them going so they have to follow the action. I think it's good to have a little pop off like this and let a little steam go. If only Biggy and Tupac would have handled it this way we would be listening to the Lik John remix of California love.

I don't be know how they do it with families and full time jobs. Especially during race season where something is going on almost every weekend. **** has to be expensive

Re: Re: Aop drama??

Eddyj said:
Sounds like hell to me.
#nattylight4life
I knew there was a reason I put up with you!

I enjoy the racing but it's to much bs envolved. I will be at morris this weekend for the old school ways. A quick friendly race and a full afternoon of wheeling with a group of friends.

5BrothersFabrication said:
X3 I used to watch all the time, but now I watch when someone texts me with, "DUDE, CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO! [link]" It is more of the same, now I pretty much just watch Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, and any kind of TTC or Ultimate Adventure video. Racing got old the way cone dodging got old.

Errybody hitting the nail on the head! :woot:
Dave is probably my favorite westcoaster ever. :****:

Latest posts