• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Average park fee's now ?

P

If its free, its P
Curious what Off Road parks are averaging down south these days. Me and Bones have been discussing where to go next weekend and camping,riders,drivers fees are getting thrown around a bit. Curious what tje parks around Alabama area are now.

Seems to be around that $20 ish range. I just paid $50 for camping this weekend at AOP but it was the Crawling for Reid ride.

AOP-$15 or $25 depending whos working the gate
GMP- $20 last time we went plus $10 if you camp up top
Hale- I think it was $20 or so

tonybolton said:
Still 29 cents a day for Windrock. :)

Are you sponsoring a kid in africa with that money?? No **** how much is a day pass to Windrock?

Wooly's is $15/person
Hawk Pride driver cost is $15, $25, $35 for one, two or three day respectively and passenger is $10, $15, $20 for the same. Cabins are $100/night and RV hookups are $20/night.

tonybolton said:
I think it bumped from 17 to 20 dollars this year.

And yes, it is PER PERSON not PER RIG at Windrock. I think kids under 12 are cheaper.

Thats not bad. Cheaper than AOP.

BKORP is $25 for the day or $40 for the weekend which includes camping. I don't know how parks survive on $15 per person.....Land is Expensive.

Re: Average park fee's now ?

AOP is 15 a day and 5 a night for camping. 30 a night for RV spots with power. Unless it is an event, then prices can vary depending on the promotor putting on the event. This was the first event for the new managers, so mistakes were made. But all of that should be worked out moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not really understanding the comparative pricing when its the least of our expences by far ,like 50 -1 maby. Not trying to bust anybody balls or anything but lets compare other types of entertainment .bowling $14.00 ,movie with popcorn $20.00,pro sports or college game $120. + camping at a state park $38.00 a night . just my thoughts not trying to give anyone a hard time.

About 20 years ago I was talking with a good friend that was involved. with united four wheel drive in trying to keep all our state trails open. Which is an thankless task. In Michigan we have routes that are the only legal trails you can ride. And our great DNR says that your grandpas station wagon has to be able to make it down the route or they consider it impassable therefor illegal.
He was saying then that it was going to come to pay if you want to pay. That parks were going to open up and that you would have to pay to find changing trails. I remember telling him he was nuts. But if it came to that and kept the DNR off our backs I was all game for that.
Fast forward to now. And look where we are. More parks are opening up every year. They seem to be getting better. They see a gold mine. And yet the state just looks as us as a bunch of drunken rednecks. And that this will pass.
They are talking about opening a park up in Oakland county. This has been in the works for about 10 years. Went to a open public meeting for the park. They wanted to see if there would be any interest. It was held on a Wednesday at 11:30am. Right in the middle of the work day and work week. Well they had over 350 people show up and it would be standing room only in the meeting room. Biggest turnout they ever had for any of their meetings. LOL
People came from all over the state and from Ohio.
They were thinking we were just a bunch of beer drinking red necks (nothing against them as I am a Redneck and proud of it). But everyone that stood up and talked about taking their family with them.
Now the next big hurdle is for them to figure out who is going to run it. The state has the property but they want the county to run it.

P said:
Curious what Off Road parks are averaging down south these days. Me and Bones have been discussing where to go next weekend and camping,riders,drivers fees are getting thrown around a bit. Curious what tje parks around Alabama area are now.

Bones gonna ride his bicycle on the trails? :stir:

tonybolton said:
...not if you don't have the Brady Bunch clan family'ing it up. :)

Man I love Windrock. But it is hands down the most expensive park. If you live where you do and buy a year pass and ride as much as you do it probably ain't bad. But for me coming from out of state they pretty much rape us.

Im not aiming to sound like an ass. I love the park. But it is over pricey. They would get more of my money if they charged less.

Forbanger said:
Man I love Windrock. But it is hands down the most expensive park. If you live where you do and buy a year pass and ride as much as you do it probably ain't bad. But for me coming from out of state they pretty much rape us.

$20 is about average it seems