• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Average park fee's now ?

Forbanger said:
Im not aiming to sound like an ass. I love the park. But it is over pricey. They would get more of my money if they charged less.

And they won't let you bring in anything to cure the shaky leg :****: :drinkers:

jeeppoor said:
Now the next big hurdle is for them to figure out who is going to run it. The state has the property but they want the county to run it.
You should get the county in touch with the Harlan County KY for ideas on how/who to manage the park.

poolman said:
And they won't let you bring in anything to cure the shaky leg :****: :drinkers:

I've always got it in. But yes. That always turns into an ordeal as well. I'm just saying by the time I cover the pass for me and my wife and camping or a cabin, I have spent a considerable amount more at Windrock than any other park. Color me an asshole or tighter than a crabs ass or whatever you want to call me. But it is what it is. I spend more for a trip to Windrock than any other place I go to.

For a guy on 43's that wants to ride challenging trails all day or aren't within 6 hours travel time, I see how Windrock may seem over priced. But I ride a gayzr so less difficult trails can still be fun and there is more fun to be had to the smoother trails. It is pretty easy to do 75 or more miles in one day if you want to actually ride for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Windrock is $20 a day or cheaper the more days you get, up to $100 for a full year. In my mind, if I make it to Windrock for TWO weekends a year (Friday-Sunday), I just broke even. Now if you want to start adding in other costs like camping at 15/day or RV hook up at 40/day maybe, but I don't really know what other parks charge off the top of my head.

Last year Harlan was 50$ a year best I can remember, and Camping in the park is 10$ a night with there shower house down by the tracks.