• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad roll on Aetna sunday

:D
John Galbreath Jr. said:
I am proud to say I wear a helmet and full harnesses. :fish:
Good deal glad to hear that wouldn't want that head of yours to get hurt LOL
I would hate to see that 38 take a roll like that.

draggbody said:
me to... i guess some of us know what our heads are worth....
dickhead
Yeah i agree this guy must like to start fights i will leave yall with him

Web wheeling makes me wana :puke: Hell T-Bacon you have gave all of these safety instructors something they can teach in their first class. We all can see that he made a mistake, damn leave it be and let the man ride. :gtfo:

Bobby shittin coon said:
Web wheeling makes me wana :puke: Hell T-Bacon you have gave all of these safety instructors something they can teach in their first class. We all can see that he made a mistake, damn leave it be and let the man ride. :gtfo:
thumb.gif

Yeah, I was quiet til now.
If anyone searches Matt or Jimmy, etc, I'm sure you'll see pics from trail rides from the beginning of their wheeling lives without all the safety stuff. We all learn. I started in an old cab truck in the creeks with no belts.
Then a lap belt in the blacksheep with a skate helmet. Still not good enough. I built that cage to take a roll and it took plenty, but I still had a skate helmet on. Now I wheel in full harnesses but that came after lots of rolls and being around people that led by example and wore theirs. It wasn't people calling me stupid that made me do it. At the same time I don't feel that now that I'm up on my high horse wearing a helmet and harness that I need to look down and tell everyone that is currently where I used to be (harness and helmetless) that they are stupid. I don't feel that is a way to motivation. Belittlement and condescention are not motivators, they are fight starters.
Jimmy feels like trying to impose his will on everyone and does it in an abrasive manner. If you get used to that its not bad being around him :flipoff1:

This is a sport of getting away and enjoying being in the woods, and being with others that like the same. I don't feel it is anything to fight about in general.
I also feel a helmet is a good idea just from the cage bruises my head has sustained laughing1 I cheap out with a little skater helmet but now the cage bruises are on it not my skull. It doesn't hinder your hearing or sight or peripheral vision like other helmets can. All of those can even be gotten used to. When racing we wear full DOT helmets. When wheeling, its the little skull cap. light and non intrusive.
That said, I'm not going to judge you for not wearing one, but I think it's not a bad idea. You could be the trendsetter :flipoff1:
Hope to see you guys in teh woods, alive even
Kelly
(sorry for the rambling nature of this post)

penn said:
I would like to know where you get your helmets in most of your vids it looks just like a ballcap turned around backwards?

you certainly got me there... almost exactly 2 years ago we were in harlan and had decided that our entire family was going to start wearing helmets, prior to that i made my daughter wear one in her buggy always... but i decided that it was hypocritical for me to tell her to do as i say, not as i do, so thats when it began... from that point it was less than 1 hour and we were at pinball, a little bullshit climb and my friend jj and his wife were heading up... the buggy popped in the air and rolled end over end, they landed on the tires and only had lap belts, no helmets, and hard seats... ashley broke her back and we took a sawzall to his chassis to get her out... from that day forward i have become a true safety "dickhead" as you put it... after that point i did not let my daughter drive her buggy at all until i replaced the seats w/ a set of $600 PRPs built specifically for a child...

so maybe it takes a life changing event to get someone to get in line w/ REAL safety and i have had that... i would have thought you have too, but obviously not... i will continue my barrage on safety, because if it helps save one person, even those that tease me about it, its worth it...

:- :-[ :-[ :-[ Hello , Maybe im an idiot for getting in this conversation but.. Noone knows me on here really. Butt ive been very guilty of not wearing my full harnesses the past year ive been in this hobby. I put cage and harnesses and thought of what I could do to be safe enough to roll the **** out of my rig if that is what it takes. Only to not wear the ****.. But ive seen the few recent crashes on here, and Im a grown man with a wife and want kids some day so ive told myself and my wife to try to start bitching at me if not wearing them . thumb.gif thumb.gif Im saving up now for some safer seats so bare with me !!! ill go for now thanks for ur time HOPE to see u all at RBD party .... FUN TIMES AHEAD ....... Oh yeah safe wheelin everyone !!!!!!

traveler said:
you sir are a **** head you and matto have to be twins

Ryan you are one to talk. You hate everyone you come in contact with, even your so called friends. You are a true asshole and always will be. You are also the same dumbass I witnessed wheelin with your family without a belt on at all. You have no business posting in this thread so stop

Matt O. said:
Ryan you are one to talk. You hate everyone you come in contact with, even your so called friends. You are a true asshole and always will be. You are also the same dumbass I witnessed wheelin with your family without a belt on at all. You have no business posting in this thread so stop

interesting perspective

Matt O. said:

anyone with that much love for Fords has to let their hate out on everybody else. laughing1

The only person he doesnt really hate is Gomer - and I bet he is really pissed at him now that he sold his **** :flipoff1: laughing1 molaugh ;D

on a serious note i understand why guys get bent out of shape over a subject such as safety - if you have had a bad experience or know someone who has then you never want to see that again and it makes you very passionate about it - the last thing i want to see is a wheeling friend be hauled off in an ambulance or medflight because they didnt have a harness on (or a helmet) ......last cable hill comp a guy slid his harnesses off at the begining of the race - i thought that was very inappropriate and was shocked that the judges didnt automatically DQ him

Matt O. said:
you got that bottum lip puched out again jihad

I just went out in the shop and checked, and my head still aint harder than a stick of DOM.

I dont hillshoot anything, but I have yard saled a buggy enough that all of my helmets have NASTY blackpaint scraped, and DOM dents.
Glad thats shits on the helmet and not on my skull 8' deep.

Latest posts