• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad roll on Aetna sunday

A few years back a 15 year old got killed at gray Rock not wearing is seat belts try riding there with out the seat belts Tony will blow a fuse BE SAFE and have fun . I have roll side way End over front and roll backard but had my full belts on nothing hurt but my rig.

Bobby shittin coon said:
In my eyes these skull caps that everyone calls a helmet is not going to do **** for you in a nasty roll. With that said when the lord says it time to come home it don't make a damn what you have on its your time. T-Bacon is a grown man y'all probably have no chance to change his mind with this whole situation, if the man don't wanna put a helmet on I think that is his choice as it is for all of us. Sitting there in front of your computer banging keys with you pants half down breathing hard trying to get off over telling someone how to live life is not really to cool. Get off of your ass have fun in life, and if someone make a decision you don't like live with it, and keep your comments to your self. With that said I'm going to go climb a hill with out a helmet on and hope i don't get caught by the hardline police. :****:
helmets-arai-street-2009-corsair-v-hopkins-monster.jpg
these are real helmets I agree with Bobby

DOT helmets arent necessary for trail riding.

Skater helmets are fully sufficient, just something to take the lick that the DOM on the cage will give you. Kinda like wearing a pair of gloves when welding. Sure you dont need 'em but it sure stops all the hot splatter from burning little pecks at ya.

And if the skater aint comfortable you'll never wear it. Try on a Pro-Tec and you'll realize you can wear it all day, unlike most you'll find at WalMart which are cloth covered styrofoam.

InDaShop said:
DOT helmets arent necessary for trail riding.

Skater helmets are fully sufficient, just something to take the lick that the DOM on the cage will give you. Kinda like wearing a pair of gloves when welding. Sure you dont need 'em but it sure stops all the hot splatter from burning little pecks at ya.

And if the skater aint comfortable you'll never wear it. Try on a Pro-Tec and you'll realize you can wear it all day, unlike most you'll find at WalMart which are cloth covered styrofoam.
:dblthumb:

Ok so everbody feels bedda, this thread had some influence on me, I bought a new helmet today. :dblthumb: It's mainly going to be used when riding ATVs, even though I am always the slow ass in the rear of the pack. I grew up hunting in south Alabama and put god knows how many miles on ATVs when I was alot younger and dumber, (read reckless) and rarely if ever did I wear a helmet.

2 years ago my wife had a really bad wreck on a mountain bike. Her walmart helmet was cracked 6 inches and she went to the ER to make sure there was no damage. Her bell was rung, :'( but she walked away. I used to ride and crash HARD when I was into biking. I was just plain lucky to not have cracked my big waterhead wide ass open. :****: As I get older I'm realizing my luck is running out so it's time for protective gear.

Cycle gear had helmets on sale! New models are coming in. The Fox V1 Pilot I bought was $60 cheaper than regular retail. loller.gif

See, all this bitching did some good, and will prolong how many more useless posts yall get to read from me, now I'll :gtfo:

[attachment deleted by admin]

To those with full face helmets ... do you not find them extremely hot and alwags bang the chin on stuff? Seems like I would ...

J. J.

patooyee said:
To those with full face helmets ... do you not find them extremely hot and alwags bang the chin on stuff? Seems like I would ...

J. J.
they are more hot than no helmet obviously, mine is a motocross style so there is no wind screen, but we wear ours throughout the summer and i absolutely feel naked w/o it... to be honest, i PREFER to wear it all the time... my hat folds up and goes between the seats, but there is nowhere to put a helmet, so its just easier to put it on my head... a DOT full face only makes sense, i mean if you are going to bother wearing a helmet, why not wear a safe one???

patooyee said:

J. J.

Not at all...as stated above...feels weird not wearing one

Ok my knowledge on helmets, I used to be a level II inline skate instructor back in the day, and this was part of what I tought. I'm going off memory here so bare with me.
Skate helmets are excellent protection from low impact or slow moving impacts. A pro tect style skate helmet works very well with what we do. It's made to protect the head from different angles of impact.
A bicycle style helmet is made in a way to protect the front of the head since most bicycle accidents are usually going forward so impact will be towards the front of the head. Thats why they are shaped the way they are. Not really good for what we do.
Kayaking helmets will work well also same principle as a protect.
Remember most of the pro tect style helmets will not provide addequate protection at faster speeds.
Also most of the bicycle style helmets with foam are one time use helmets, you crash you throw away it's the way there made.
Larger DOT helmets are evidently better due to design and thicker padding and construction, but are only designed to protect you at speed of 30mph and less. (I need to verify this, but it's what I was told in an atv safety class this summer)
Now with the larger and heavier helmets comes additional problems such as whiplash. So don't go and get the biggest and heaviest helmet you find you may end up with a bad neck. Of course there are solutions to this, neck rolls or collars and the HNR's that are out there.
My personal choice for helmets are the pro tect style for trail ridding and the occasional hard obstacle. I also have a down hill bike helmet, which are made light and with vents and some are even DOT approved. I have wore this on certain occasions where I might need that little extra protection.
Then If I'm racing I will go with a DOT and neck roll.

I looked them up the other day after those pics of Land and Norman got posted. DIZZZAMN!!!!!

Thats the Stilo ST4 Carbon they run $1700 or so.
The bad boy is the ST4 8860 damn thing is almost $4k.

Dave DSI Schneider took a hard roll recently.

To lift from what he posted on Pirate.

DSI;12166193 said:
:flipoff2: 14 days later I'm still having horrible migraines, blurred vision, a bit of tunnel vision, and vertigo if I look up off the floor when walking. Been trying to walk it off, but the doctor's say that's not gonna help any :laughing:

BCzuk;12166228 said:
Were you wearing a helmet?

DSI;12166259 said:
Nope. had the 5 points on, but they could have been tighter. It's my own stupidity that caused me to smack my head, and i'm paying for it dearly now.

Concussions are legit....but thats just beating a deadhorse :popcorn:

draggbody said:
its obvious he didnt learn his leason... none of you guys have said anything about a ****ing helmet... i guess you guys have hard ass heads and it will take you losing someone close to you to get it through those thick skulls... i am truely disappointed that YOU dont MAKE your dad go w/ you to buy helmets for both of you... lead by example, i wear helmets and so now everyone in my "group" does too, you need a dad, just like your kids need one, is your pride worth the inconvienience of a helmet... you decide...

:gtfo:..?A helmet?...realy?...guess we need to wear them in our daily drivers also?.... :wtflol:

shenson said:
:gtfo:..?A helmet?...realy?...guess we need to wear them in our daily drivers also?.... :wtflol:

IN ALL REALITY ...........YES WE SHOULD.....my DAILY DRIVER DON,T HAVE A ROLL CAGE,,,,,,,,,but if we get THAT picky with safety precautions...........

...........WE MIGHT AS WELL ALL NEVER LEAVE OUR HOUSES............