• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BAMA WTF???

I will always be an SEC nutswinger. But I felt all season long that the west THIS YEAR enjoyed the benefit of the doubt as a result of past greatness. Being a UGA / East guy it tasted bad to me all season hearing the ESPN guys talk about how the east was so much weaker than the west. And then look what UGA did to Auburn. The west has some strong teams, probably a few more than the East this year. But they weren't anywhere as invincible as the rest of the nation seemed to think they were and I never bought into the hype. Again, that's coming from an SEC fan.

OSU is a damn fine team, so is Oregon. I believe the best 2 teams in the nation are playing on Jan. 12 as a result of the playoffs. It sucks because the bowl / playoff results seem to confirm what the rest of the nation thought re the SEC this year. But in years past I do not think it would have ended up the same way. Hell, 2 - 5 years ago 2 or 3 of the top 4 teams would have been SEC and a playoff would just be an SEC championship v. 2.0.

Gotta give it bama, they could have quit when they went down two touchdowns lat in the fourth, but they kept fighting,and they put hits on buckeyes they haven't felt all season.

greentaco said:
Gotta give it bama, they could have quit when they went down two touchdowns lat in the fourth, but they kept fighting,and they put hits on buckeyes they haven't felt all season.

Yeah, that was awesome. Such a contrast to the game right before it, too. I don't recall ever having seen a team just give up like FSU and then run to the powder room to pout like that. Such a stark, crystal clear difference in class. Made me proud to be in the SEC.

When you are attempting to be an innovative exciting offense and you try and open up the passing game you open yourself to I higher probability of turning over. When Alabama's offense doesn't stick to their roots and run the football they're going to lose games like these some times no matter how good the defense is or the QB.

patooyee said:
Yeah, that was awesome. Such a contrast to the game right before it, too. I don't recall ever having seen a team just give up like FSU and then run to the powder room to pout like that. Such a stark, crystal clear difference in class. Made me proud to be in the SEC.

The entire Bama team ran straight off the feild after the clock ran out

greentaco said:
Every team is beat up by bowls, but you'll always have the sec nut swingers :tc

Exactly, i love how people say that the sec cannibalizes itself but other conferences suck when they beat each other

32d898cb0d7308709aa17fcc5e163a32_zps87090d6f.jpg

Neal3000 said:
The entire Bama team ran straight off the feild after the clock ran out

Oh, wow. I was asleep by that point. Nevermind then. Haha.

They didn't give up like FLST still though.

Neal3000 said:

And LSU didn't even make the cut. Every team in the SEC West had a murderous schedule this year. Too bad would couldn't play a bunch up pussies like Ohio State.

98TJ said:
And LSU didn't even make the cut. Every team in the SEC West had a murderous schedule this year. Too bad would couldn't play a bunch up pussies like Ohio State.

But that "murderous schedule" is all based on preseason rankings and espn hype, the fact is that the sec west teams played practically nobody except each other until the bowl season, and in the end it turns out that ole miss, msu, auburn, and lsu are just average teams. Alabama was the only elite team in the sec this year.

"BAMA WTF???" I think this is race baiting, since we all know what color the QB was :****:

Neal3000 said:
But that "murderous schedule" is all based on preseason rankings and espn hype, the fact is that the sec west teams played practically nobody except each other until the bowl season, and in the end it turns out that ole miss, msu, auburn, and lsu are just average teams. Alabama was the only elite team in the sec this year.

...and lets not forget those *tough* road games (usually within a couple hundred miles) :wtflol:

I would have loved to see TCU in the final 4 because I think they would have rolled anyone, but not having a CC in the B12 was their own demise. There were some definite fails that exposed the committee/system, but until a true playoff is put in place, the system is better than what we had.