• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wrangler prices.... WTF

jeeptj99

So I'm in the market for a new DD. I have a tj but it's no longer my daily. I loved my jeep and driving it everyday so I thought I'd look at another one and just leave it stock. Holy hell! I paid less thank 8K in 2008 for my 99 and now one like that is going for 13-16K. WTF is up with that ****. Hell YJ's are going for 8-10K now.

Ive been seeing the same thing around here. Its as if larger tires an lift make it worth a gold brick. I have seen them more reasonable but those are either snatched up quick or look like the have been raped within an inch of life.

I had a hard time finding a "deal" on one last year. Most wanted 7k plus for stock and up TJs. I finally found one a little rough around the edges but was 1998 stock I6/5speed with decent miles for 5000. I sold it a couple months later for 5300, to pay off the wifes truck.

You see them on occasion around here for a decent price, but as stated they go quick. I dont understand asking that kind of money for them, but there idiots out there sucking them up. I see 10K prices on lifted street queens and you know you should be able to buy a JK for that used, but hell there pushing 20K. :dunno:

Just keep craigslist and the trading groups hot, you can find one but dang most folks are trying to make a killing.

The high prices are because of the yuppy people, everyone has to have one. Just like truck prices, I'm not going to pay 60k for a new heavy duty truck, but because I won't, doesn't mean the next person in line won't. If people quit paying that much for them, the would drop big time.

And Samurais. I have one for sale priced way higher than what I think they are worth but have had several calls on it. Can't blame a man for pricing it for what the market will bear. :dunno:
Wish I had bought every one of them I saw back when you could get them for $800-$1,000 each.

It's because the prices of the new ones have topped 50K now. When the tj was new Rubicons were just over 20k and people thought that was crazy. The invention of the 4door Jeep is what really brought on price increases they started at 19k in 2007 and now they are 27k. Good thing if you already own one is you will not loose any money driving it if you keep it nice.

blacksheep10 said:
Does real links, shocks, tons, 40's etc help or hurt. 04 rubi 6 speed?
I say help also. I'm amazed sometimes at what they bring. Just look at Yj's. A good cond stock yj is NUTS how high they are. Go on and find U a Sahara or Whatever the nice ones were with A 6cyl. Outrageous!! Smaurais are worse tho I believe. I see tons of them stock for 4-6000

Tater said:
It's because the prices of the new ones have topped 50K now. When the tj was new Rubicons were just over 20k and people thought that was crazy. The invention of the 4door Jeep is what really brought on price increases they started at 19k in 2007 and now they are 27k. Good thing if you already own one is you will not loose any money driving it if you keep it nice.

Yeah mine has some nice dents in it from rocks/trees.

They are ridiculous. I would like to have a LJ or 4 door jk but everyone I have seen for sale might as well be a Lamborghini. Ive seen built jeeps nice go for less than what I see stock ones going for. Im hoping to run across a deal one day

Shiiiiiiiiit, car prices in general are outrageous. I don't know how people afford new ones. Jeeps and pickups at $40k plus......... :wtflol:

I'd be happy as a pig in **** too if someone gave me $6000 for my 98 TJ right now. Any takers? :****:

The prices are up because of what new ones cost IMO.

Everybody trys to buy my TJ from me. No way I could sell it and replace it. And damn what a deal I feel like I got when I bought it 3 years ago.

If people paid cash, out of pocket, the price of vehicles wouldn't be so high... but because you can find 100 people willing to finance you the money for 5 to 6 years you think well, a few hundred bucks a month ain't so bad.

I had a buddy with a 2.5L YJ in high school. It was real clean with a mild lift and 33s. Every time I rode with him I couldn't believe people would pay the kind of money they are going for to ride in a log wagon with a soft top that was uncomfortable as hell to drive in. Only time it was fun was in summer cruising with the doors and top off. Fawk taking a rode trip in something like that.

wayne86 said:
If people paid cash, out of pocket, the price of vehicles wouldn't be so high... but because you can find 100 people willing to finance you the money for 5 to 6 years you think well, a few hundred bucks a month ain't so bad.

No, inflation is why vehicles cost so much.

If you want to see the reason first hand, spend 10 minutes in Chattanooga. Never in my life have I seen as many overblown mallcrawlers. "Built" Jeeps is the new iPhone/NorthFace jacket/beaniebaby/MUSTHAVE accessory.

Thanks jerks ::)