Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
ok, so the battery i have is on it's way out. :booo:

Before i go too far here is my setup:
Charger: Mega 2 AC/DC quick charger
Transmitter:Traxxas 2215 X-TAL reciever
ESC: Traxxas XL5
Motor: Axial 27T

I'm looking to maybe go the way of the Lipo. So, I need a charger and a battery(ies). I might be looking at a new motor as well, not sure yet.:redneck:

I saw this Lipo:
http://tcscrawlers.com/Yeah-Racing-LI-PO-7.4V-1300mAh-2S1P-20-25C-LP-0023-p-18146.html

Would that fry my ESC?:eeek:

I was also looking at just getting a saddle-bag battery, but was told i'd need a new charger anyways, so i figured if i'm going that route i might as well maybe step up. I just want a charger that can charge both styles...

Also, is there a charger that will charge the lip battery and also the regular 6-pack batteries?

The battery in the link won't hurt your ESC, you just need be be sure not to over-discharge the pack. Some people are afraid to run a LiPo pack without a cutoff circuit. I've never had a LiPo cutoff. I just make sure to shut it down at the first sign of voltage dropping. If you run the packs too low, you can ruin them.

You can get chargers that are all-in-one, there are a ton of choices, you can get a nice one for under a hundred bucks, guessing about $50-60 for a basic model.