• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Battery Lifter / Carrier Tool

98TJ

Anyone ever use a battery lifter / carrier? Looks like they make two kinds, one has a strap and goes over the top mount stud terminals and the other kind squeezes the battery from both sides and has a handle on top.

Is either kind worth a ****?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Re: Re: Battery Lifter / Carrier Tool

grcthird said:
Use mine all the time, especially if you cant get your hands under a battery to get it out of a car.
X3. I used one all the time when I worked at the parts store. Much better than using the crappy plastic straps.

grcthird said:
Use mine all the time, especially if you cant get your hands under a battery to get it out of a car.

Yeh, thats my problem. I can't get my hands under it. Plus I'm turning into an old fart that can't do what I could 40 years ago. :dunno:

Thanks all for the responses. :)

sappmann said:
we use the squeeze type here at work its great

Got one from NAPA for $10 yesterday. Yep, worked great. Thanks all for the advice.

I've always been scared of the kind that pull on the post? I've witnessed a battery blow up so I try not to give one a reason too!

Re:

A redneck option I use on the golf cart and boat batteries is a metal handle taken off of a old school 5 gallon bucket, just did a little tweaking on it, it will slide right in most any battery that has slots for a plastic handle. Simple, stupid and free.

sappmann said:
wow thats less than we give for them

Actually it was $11. They seem to all be about the same thing but the price varies from $9 to $29. I was surprised the Chinese Tool Store didn't sell them. I guess if they can't copy something that puts an American out of work and shuts down an American factory, they don't fool with it. I mean what's the point of putting another Chinese out of work.