• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlock Wheel Talk

Love my Aluminum TR's. No problems losing an inner bead like my buddies allieds. On a snow run a few weeks ago we spent more time F'n around with his tires then wheeling.
Just a FYI, loosing an inner bead has more to do with tire pressure than beadlocks preference. I have lost an inner bead on my TR's a few times but only when I allowed the tire pressure to get too low. Also take into consideration that stiffer sidewall tires are more prone to a inner bead loss when pressure gets too low, as where a more flexible sidewall holds a inner bead better at the same low pressure.

What kind of pressure are people running to loose an inner bead and on what tire? What kind of pressure do stauns lose their bead at? Never used locks but am interested at some info and peoples experience with them.

I don't think you can loose a bead with a staun. Same with stazworks... I wheel with a guy who runs stazworks and he just pulls his valve stems... it also a fairly light rig on 54s

Anything less than 5psi on Krawlers would burb the beads if you hit it just right... was slightly worse on my Raceline's than my TR's. With the MTR's, I consistently run at 4psi in the snow with zero bead issues.

I don't think you can loose a bead with a staun. Same with stazworks... I wheel with a guy who runs stazworks and he just pulls his valve stems... it also a fairly light rig on 54s

Anybody ever lose a bead with stauns? 54's are one thing but what about the usual 35 to 42's?

I have had Krawlers as well as Maxxis CC's burp or come off the inner bead at 4-5 psi on Trailready Beadlocks, the best tires I have ran at low psi(3-4) were Iroks, old school MTR's or TSL's . IMO the higher load range tires are more prone to inner bead leaks/ debeading at lower than 5psi regardless of beadlock manufacturer because of the very stiff sidewall. These are my experiences, and opinion yours may vary.

I run inner air locks on a 6900lb rig. I have been down to 5 psi several times without loosing a bead.
Tires are grooved 38 tsl radials. Other than having to keep an eye on your inner tube pressure they have been flawless for me. I just run rock crawler 16.5 steelies with some rock rings to keep from bending wheel lips and tearing valve stems.

Never had a bead come off of mtr's or krawlers as low as 5 psi on TR wheels. I don't doubt someone could make it happen though if they tried hard enough.

Anybody ever lose a bead with stauns? 54's are one thing but what about the usual 35 to 42's?

I have ran with a a few guys with stauns, when down in the low single digits the bigest problem we have seen is spining the rim in the tire if you dont have enough pressure in the staun or pinching the staun with not enough pressure in the tire, both causing a whole:puke: and then tire off the bead.

Last edited:
What's the weight of the rig? I got a 4runner w/sbc chevy coming on line that will have 35-37's and like the idea of stauns but would like to know if there any draw backs?

I run stauns and I like them for the most part.. a few issues:

* Doesn't stop debris from getting into the outer bead, causing leaks (and having to dig them out)
* a PAIN IN THE ASS to remove and almost impossible to install. Find a specialty shop who can do it. it cost about $200 to mount 4 tires.
* Airing down can be an issue if you don't install them right. The airdam can get dislodged, basically sealing off your valvestem

If given the chance to do them again, I probably would.. they're nice for the road.

I run stauns and I like them for the most part.. a few issues:

* Doesn't stop debris from getting into the outer bead, causing leaks (and having to dig them out)
* a PAIN IN THE ASS to remove and almost impossible to install. Find a specialty shop who can do it. it cost about $200 to mount 4 tires.
* Airing down can be an issue if you don't install them right. The airdam can get dislodged, basically sealing off your valvestem

If given the chance to do them again, I probably would.. they're nice for the road.

I'm looking at snow wheeling performance. All the trails around here (w/o snow) can be run with 35's at enough psi that any locks are not needed. Snow wheeling calls for low PSI and I like to hear what would be the best bang for the buck to run around 4 PSI with the least probability for failure. If it takes me extra time to install something that's fine, my time doesn't cost me much.

Latest posts