• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beginer trails?

maverick1990

hey guys i am new to wheeling and was wonering if anyone would be willing to show me around some easier trails in the bonney lake area, or tell me where some trails are. i have a 91 chevy s10 that is lifted 5 inches and has 31 inch tires.

thanks
Nathan

Tahuya is a good place to learn, and it is hard to find anywhere that would qualify as hard trails, most are easy, with maybe a few intermediate obsticales. Stock rigs can have a good time, heavly built rigs will be bored most of the time.

evans creek has a few easy trails, and some deteriated logging roads.

evansorva.jpg

trail 102 from road 105 to the other entrance and parking on FR7920
trail 519 from FR7930 to FR7930 and from FR7930 to FR7920, but on this section take the high road or 519A at the split to avoid going down a moderate rock climb. should be able to make it down either way and at least up through 519A... i did it with a subaru on 27" super swampers...

Tahuya info and a good map of the 4x4 trail system
http://home.comcast.net/~quadrapaws/

elbe trail info
http://www.pnw4wda.org/trails/washington/elbe_hills.htm

evans creek is probably the closest to you. but there's still a lot of snow up there.

Yeah Evans Creek is closest, but quite a bit of snow and from my experience there are some trails that are easy, some difficult, not really middle rating stuff.

Elbe good too if you don't mind stumps, roots, and rocks.

Capitol forest not too far, our group has a mini-run coming up, will be easier trails for meet-n-greet, rig testing type stuff. I'm sure you'd be welcome

I'm in Bonney Lake area also BTW

ok thanks caveman,

just let me know when you are having your get together. i have a buddy that is running a stock 93 f150 with 33 inch super swampers that is going to wheel with me so i want to try to find trails that he can go down too. we were thinking about going out of green water off of the fr 70 road on some of the old roads up there. i have hunted up there before and know there are some old logging roads that we can run down. thanks for the help guys. i will post when we go and if anyone wants to go with us you are more then welcome.

ok thanks caveman,

just let me know when you are having your get together. i have a buddy that is running a stock 93 f150 with 33 inch super swampers that is going to wheel with me so i want to try to find trails that he can go down too. we were thinking about going out of green water off of the fr 70 road on some of the old roads up there. i have hunted up there before and know there are some old logging roads that we can run down. thanks for the help guys. i will post when we go and if anyone wants to go with us you are more then welcome.

Both of you have chosen Wheeling rigs that are not well suited to the area. For the most part, they're just too darn long.

Your Greenwater logging roads are probably your best best. Even the trail in Tahuya will chew up the bodies on your rigs because of the wheelbase.

Most people wheeling rigs similar to yours have just come to expect severe body damage on the trail systems in this area.

I'm in Bonney Lake as well.

I have seen a full size, mid 80s Suburban wheel Tahuya with no damage. I imagine he never tried the south loop but he ran the other 70% of the area.

But X2 on anything larger than a ZJ. My Grand Cherokee is coated in body damage and is significantly smaller than an F-150. You just don't have many options with a fullsize. Even if you don't mind severe damage, draging a big rig through a tight trail is very bad for the trees and overall environment.

Honestly, I think a regular cab Short box, or ext. cab short box S10 would do fine on alot of the trails here wheel base/ size wise. It can't be that much longer than a Toyota pickup and ALOT of people wheel those.

I plan on Wheeling my ext cab short box Ranger..
Hell, I have seen a Hummer (H1) on trails up at Evans. It was pretty funny!!
I am not saying it fit very well, but I saw it up there on trails..

Honestly, I think a regular cab Short box, or ext. cab short box S10 would do fine on alot of the trails here wheel base/ size wise. It can't be that much longer than a Toyota pickup and ALOT of people wheel those.

I plan on Wheeling my ext cab short box Ranger..
Hell, I have seen a Hummer (H1) on trails up at Evans. It was pretty funny!!
I am not saying it fit very well, but I saw it up there on trails..

I'll agree that a shotbox might be ok on the wider trails. My F-250 ever get out of any trail.... in one piece.

ok thanks i have and ex cab short box on my s10, and my friends f150 is a standard cab short box. i got talking to some other guys and they said that we should be fine running over at tahuya. i guess the olnly way to find out is to go check it out i guess.

Just remember--try to take somebody with you who is experianced and knows the areas you are wheeling.

Also--remember to never change the trail to fit your rig.....:awesomework:

yeah i will deffinetly do that. we never change trails to fit rigs. we mountian bike and hate it when people widen single track trails so they can get dirtbikes down them so i deffinetly understand that consept.

Latest posts