• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"BEST AXLES FOR CHEVY DANA 60?"

DUNCAN74

I will probably be asking a bunch of questions in next few weeks to come?Buying all my parts for the buggy and don't want to buy twice so here is one.What are the best axles to put in Dana 60 been hearing RCV's have been breaking so don't know if i want to go that way.Heard the cromo Yukon's with super joints or CTM's have been holding up like the ones in Travis "The Hitman's" rig what ever he is running seems like he has had good luck I think.Any info would be great ready to purchase axles as soon as possible thanks?

I don't know who ya are or how ya Going to wheel, but RCV's will hold up to 90% of the folks out here.....

Question is---- are you gonna be in the other 10% ?

****. And there'd be nothing wrong with 4340's and good steer joints either ****
For the masses that is

To be honest never know what percent you will be in till you get out Wheeling peer pressure is a bitch?

Where do you typically wheel and tell us more about your rig. That will help some. Seems like the rock bouncers break the RCV's but they hold up for most everyone else.

Well to be honest just picked up my Jimmy Smith buggy last weekend and we have been trying to wheel more down in TN lately.And yes we are hard on **** may not have the HP the big dogs have but we give it one hell of a shot.

OK that is the second person recommending rcv.what would be the difference between the rcv and say like 4340 or 300mm shafts besides the $$$$$$$$$$$$$?

i run rcv's in a 14bolt front, and beat the **** out of them... best money i've ever spent... ive broken yukons and alloy usa's... even though both have a great warranty, what good is a warranty on the trail... i wouldnt hestitate to buy the rcv's again...

Well sounds like I may be going with RCV's and if so who and where can I get the best deal?

What about 300m shafts and joints from CTM. Also heard Spidetrax was working on a new 60 shaft that will fit in a standard 60 "C" and knuckle.

The way its looking I can buy two sets of Yukon's or one set of RCV's.RCV's r twice as much as a set of Yukon's correct me if I'm wrong?

Re: Re: "BEST AXLES FOR CHEVY DANA 60?"

Im gonna add the big 40 spline, larger diameter inner and outers to the list. From solid, brannick, ect....Anyone heard feedback from these?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Rcv's from Eor is the way to go mine has them all the way around I've broke one stub shaft but they warrantied it no questions asked! I broke a wheel off and if I would've had a standard shaft with u joint it wouldve broken the shaft or joint! I'm running about 400~hp and beat it pretty hard booyang

Would like to hear more about these 40 spline?If not Jimmy will get a call Tuesday to order some RCV's and a bunch of other ****!

I ask this same question about a year ago. I'm a Poorboy, so I bought what I could afford. 10 Factory 35 spline inner and outers and Longfield joints. 40 spline, you must change the spindles,hub and outer wheel bearings. A lot of information about the 40's on Pirate4x4, extreme axle sales and on Wild West Offroad. If you have deep pockets 300mm RCVs or 300mm CTM inners , outers and joints. Happy Hunting.

No deep pockets here poorboy also I run 10 factory 35 spline inner/outer in my 60 on the jeep.Not had any problems and just run spicer joints.

Latest posts