• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best free **** on roku

patooyee

What are the best free channels besides Youtube?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I use Amazon a bunch, not free, but I like my "prime" status for shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I bought a Roku 3 just before Christmas and was about to start a thread, then thought I better search :dblthumb: Come on, lets add to this. I've found a few cool things, but nothing spectacular yet. ( I did save Crackle already) I would love to hear from more Roku users that have found the free goods :popcorn:

I was going to buy a roku but after talking to a couple guys I work with I just couldn't see why I needed it. A ps3, bluray player and other items can download the same things roku has. I use my ps3 and pay 7.99 a month for hulu plus and 7.99 for Netflix. plenty to watch there for 16.00 a month. Also have the youtube app on my ps3

pushrod-racing said:
I was going to buy a roku but after talking to a couple guys I work with I just couldn't see why I needed it. A ps3, bluray player and other items can download the same things roku has. I use my ps3 and pay 7.99 a month for hulu plus and 7.99 for Netflix. plenty to watch there for 16.00 a month. Also have the youtube app on my ps3

I do the same thing, hulu, netflix and youtube app but all on my xbox 360. Alot of tv and videos for $16/month.

We have an XBOX 360 in the living room for out main set top box.

Amazon Prime + Hulu Plus are plenty of TV for us. Axed Directv over a year ago.

We also have a Roku3 for other rooms in the house, (bedrooms/office)

I just bought an extra power cord and HDMI cable for my "office" (hobby shop/gun room)

But yeah, you don't need a Roku hooked to the same TV as another device.

Hell, you can actually access the same stuff on a PC as you can a Roku, but the Roku gives you a MUCH more streamlined menu system/playback capability/etc.
IMO it's worth the $80 one time purchase vs tying up my laptop to watch TV

what kind of Internet service or package are you guys using with all this"streaming" tv and still have data for surfing the web and watching vids on YouTube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridenrace6 said:
what kind of Internet service or package are you guys using with all this"streaming" tv and still have data for surfing the web and watching vids on YouTube?

I have 8 mb dsl through the phone company (I live out in the woods, can't get cable)

works fine for us. Streams shows in HD on the TV while I surf HL and watch Youtube videos or stream music

I would consider that the absolute minimum though. It won't reliably stream 2 HD feeds at once for very long.

yeah that's my problem. no cable and limited providers in my area and the ones that are available have all these data limits that are not nearly enough

I've been using a Nintendo Wii to get Netflix, Amazon and Youtube but its kind of pain to search with it and now my DVD player is screwing up so I'm thinking about getting a Bluray player to do it all.

onepieceatatime said:
I've been using a Nintendo Wii to get Netflix, Amazon and Youtube but its kind of pain to search with it and now my DVD player is screwing up so I'm thinking about getting a Bluray player to do it all.

I have 2 sony blue ray players and like them. Also have a Samsung smart TV. TV is alittle easier to use but not much.

I like netflix a lot better the Amazon. Hardly ever even look on Amazon anymore.

Ok so I may be the only one here that has no clue what ROKU .. :****: never heard of it. But then again I NEVER watch tv anymore. Ha j guess Thats what it is. I'll google it maybe. I guess I Better get back under my rock. Haha.

Its not worth buying IMHO. Mine was a waste of money. We do watch it occasionally, but I could just as easily live without it.

Roku3 + Hulu + Amazon Prime is more than enough TV. The Amazon is nice because of the Nickelodeon for the kiddos. Canceled that fawking $120 Direct TV bill like yesterday!