• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Steak Ever thread

Here's a little known steak cooking trick that I learned from a Basque restaurant that I personally use.
[size=10pt]First let the Ribeye steak sit out and get to room temperature, next mix up a bowl of olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic. Put steaks in bowl for about 30 minutes and poke with fork to allow to marinade. Cook on open/ outdoor grille and watch it flame up 2-3 feet high. When the flames subside, turn over and do the same. When flames go out, it's done. UNREAL FLAVOR and will not burn, only the olive oil will burn off. Try it, I promise you won't be sorry you did. [/size] :eat: :eat: :eat:

CHASMAN9 said:
Here's a little known steak cooking trick that I learned from a Basque restaurant that I personally use.
[size=10pt]First let the Ribeye steak sit out and get to room temperature, next mix up a bowl of olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic. Put steaks in bowl for about 30 minutes and poke with fork to allow to marinade. Cook on open/ outdoor grille and watch it flame up 2-3 feet high. When the flames subside, turn over and do the same. When flames go out, it's done. UNREAL FLAVOR and will not burn, only the olive oil will burn off. Try it, I promise you won't be sorry you did. [/size] :eat: :eat: :eat:

That sounds good drool

CHASMAN9 said:

First I have heard of that method. I have been cooking mine directly on the coals and like that. It only works with thinner ribeyes <1"

Weren't you the one talking about putting it on the egg and not turning it? How do that work again?

money_pit_yj said:
First I have heard of that method. I have been cooking mine directly on the coals and like that. It only works with thinner ribeyes <1"

Weren't you the one talking about putting it on the egg and not turning it? How do that work again?

That was me. I did ribeyes that way again last weekend. Just marinated them for about an hour and tossed them on and cut it off. Took about 15 minutes and done to perfection. :eat:

I might grill some steaks Sunday for Father's Day and try a couple of these tips. Of all I've heard, the soaking in milk is the strangest to me, I am just trying to picture how that tastes, just isn't something that sounds right to me lol.

TacomaJD said:
I might grill some steaks Sunday for Father's Day and try a couple of these tips. Of all I've heard, the soaking in milk is the strangest to me, I am just trying to picture how that tastes, just isn't something that sounds right to me lol.

That was my initial reaction too! But trust me, its awesome!

What if I soaked it in milk ( I agree this sounds strange) then did the olive oil??????????

I've never tried olive oil with red meat, but if I have time beforehand, I usually marinate boneless chicken breats in extra virgin olive oil, italian dressing, and a little dales sauce.

From what I was told, the milk is for tenderizing. I have used buttermilk on deer meat before so this does make sense to me. The olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic method WILL be tried by myself! So to answer your question, it should be fine, I would drain all the milk I could off the steak before the oil bath.

i Tried the olive oil marinade and it was dang good. I won't do it every time but I very rarely try new ideas and this one was a hit!! I let a bunch of herbs sit in the olive oil and added a touch of Worcestershire sauce and then let the steaks marinade. The dang grill flames like a champ!!! Will do it again. 24oz bone in ribeye was the steak of choice. Rare- Medium rare with horseradish on the side. :eat:

Re:

I cooked some filet mignon today for Fathers Day. Laid steaks out, stabbed with fork a bunch of times, poured on a little dale's sauce, garlic salt both sides, gunpowder seasoning on both sides, let sit in the fridge in the dales for about 2 hrs, and about an hour out on the table before throwing on the grill. Cooked medium, maybe between medium and medium rare, super great steak.

Also cooked 4 lemon pepper and 6 cajun boneless chicken breasts that were awesome too. Was too busy with food and company to take any pics.

Re:

Cast iron, oil (olive or coconut ), higher heat, garlic clove mutter, salt pepper, rosemary, and butter. Do a sear to create a crust and then indirect heat on the grill. Depending on the steak thickness, it will be rare coming out of the skillet. Cook on the grill to your internal liking.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I cooked some filet mignon today for Fathers Day. Laid steaks out, stabbed with fork a bunch of times, poured on a little dale's sauce, garlic salt both sides, gunpowder seasoning on both sides, let sit in the fridge in the dales for about 2 hrs, and about an hour out on the table before throwing on the grill. Cooked medium, maybe between medium and medium rare, super great steak.

Also cooked 4 lemon pepper and 6 cajun boneless chicken breasts that were awesome too. Was too busy with food and company to take any pics.

I left a whole package of chicken on the grill for 2 hours. :rolf: BURNT UP!!!

tommy450r said:
Chisholm lake way down on the back side of dyersburg tn right on the Mississippi River is the best steak a man can get!!! And I've ate steaks from all over the U.S.

And there is a place in Hickman ky called hubs that has a really good steak and the best blackened oysters I've ever had.

Well I took your advice and ate at Hubs tonight. Blackened oysters for appetizer(first time ever eating oysters) and a blackened ribeye for dinner. I wasn't disappointed :eat:

Super nice staff, good prices and VERY cute waitress!! I'll be back!

j-mox said:
Well I took your advice and ate at Hubs tonight. Blackened oysters for appetizer(first time ever eating oysters) and a blackened ribeye for dinner. I wasn't disappointed :eat:

Super nice staff, good prices and VERY cute waitress!! I'll be back!

Man that's exactly what I get every time I go it's good!! Glad u liked it...