Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 42 trep

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 43 sx

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • 43 Baja pro x

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Both of my old buggies were out on 42s this weekend and did great where we wheel
bc74e9e62aa093ddbadb91cafc1a862c.jpg
d1f2073d8d8f0607f795392c6e8d626e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Daaaaaang haters is hatin!! Lol

Look, a 39 Red is a great tire. I get it. Not everybody wants the best. . . . .

I'm fairly confident that you could put a set of thornbirds on one of the red dot buggies and it would still crawl harder lines then most, those are some very impressive rigs.

Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

LightBnDr said:
Daaaaaang haters is hatin!! Lol

Look, a 39 Red is a great tire. I get it. Not everybody wants the best. . . . .
Hatin... and ridin dirty

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

FlatlandFSJ said:
I'm fairly confident that you could put a set of thornbirds on one of the red dot buggies and it would still crawl harder lines then most, those are some very impressive rigs.
Maaan don't be raggin on us home built guys.

Shoot, Art and Bunny are who cut every one of the Red trails in K2 and Wolf caves in an old homemade quarter elliptical rear suspension pickup.

The red dot guys came along and ran the trails after that. Lol

The only comment I remember was Cole saying something like "all I can say is the 42" Red ain't the same as a 39" Red"

Then everybody hated the 42" Red which is great. It made them cheaper. Lol

Now I would love to hear the truth about a buddy who is close to Cole or Cole himself really claim what the diff is or if there really is one.

Is it that there was a batch that had some gnarly recapping? That blew apart at 140mph on the sand whoops? I dunno.

I would love to hear the truth.

LightBnDr said:
Not everybody wants the best. . . . .

This is exactly why I run some wore out racing slicks formerly known as iroks. I can't be hurting everyone's feelings every time I go out. Gotta let people feel good about themselves on occasion.

I've run Reds, Nitto stickies, 37 and 40 Treps, SXs and now currently 42 Treps. My rig is a 4500# somewhat technical crawler. For my rig, without a doubt the Treps work best by far.
Just this last weekend, i literally crawled up a ledge at The Flats that my SXs never allowed me to cllimb. Nothing had changed aside from tires.
That being said, I just put some 39 Reds on my BIL XJ and that thing hooks to any rock the tire touches.
Put either of our tires on another rig and YMMV.

Jody Treadway said:
I've run Reds, Nitto stickies, 37 and 40 Treps, SXs and now currently 42 Treps. My rig is a 4500# somewhat technical crawler. For my rig, without a doubt the Treps work best by far.
Just this last weekend, i literally crawled up a ledge at The Flats that my SXs never allowed me to cllimb. Nothing had changed aside from tires.
That being said, I just put some 39 Reds on my BIL XJ and that thing hooks to any rock the tire touches.
Put either of our tires on another rig and YMMV.
Treps work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The Luke said:
This is exactly why I run some wore out racing slicks formerly known as iroks. I can't be hurting everyone's feelings every time I go out. Gotta let people feel good about themselves on occasion.
The more I wore out my Iroks the better they got on the rocks. Had a hard time letting them go for just that reason.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
The more I wore out my Iroks the better they got on the rocks. Had a hard time letting them go for just that reason.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
If mine would just hold air, I'd have no complaints.

Yep. Helped 2 of them during cold weather. 3 of them during warm weather.....sometimes.

The 39 reds and 42s are same compound, but tread blocks are lil different and being on a 20 inch wheel the sidewall doesn't flex as much. Simple put the 42s won't perform at same level as the 39s do.
:****:

BFG Reds: Of course side wall dimensions and actual tire height are two different things, but the 42 red has an 11 inch sidewall and the 39 has an 11 inch sidewall. Both of these are 1 inch more sidewall than the 37s which work really good.

Truckguy2000 said:
The 39 reds and 42s are same compound, but tread blocks are lil different and being on a 20 inch wheel the sidewall doesn't flex as much. Simple put the 42s won't perform at same level as the 39s do.
:****:
So you're saying that you have to build a much better performing rig in order to take advantage of what the 42 Red has to offer. . . . .

So just update, I've pretty much ruled treps out, seems the consensus that 39 red is better tire then 40 trep and 43 sx is better then 42 trep. I also witnessed 40s and 42s treps burping air like crazy, not sure if they had duck tape or not. I also seen 2 buggies on reds, that didn't even run beadlocks and went all over the place. I think I've also ruled out the Baja pro x, there just isn't enuff information to drop few grand on them and there ridiculously wide. So it's between 39 reds and 43 sx at this time. The 42 reds might would be worth trying but the 800 per tire plus added expense for 20 inch beadlocks and limited selection kills that tire for me.