Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 42 trep

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 43 sx

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • 43 Baja pro x

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
39" red is the best "rock" tire made. If you drive with sense and don't wheel where it gets cold/snowy than its an easy choice.

Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

Truckguy2000 said:
So just update, I've pretty much ruled treps out, seems the consensus that 39 red is better tire then 40 trep and 43 sx is better then 42 trep. I also witnessed 40s and 42s treps burping air like crazy, not sure if they had duck tape or not. I also seen 2 buggies on reds, that didn't even run beadlocks and went all over the place. I think I've also ruled out the Baja pro x, there just isn't enuff information to drop few grand on them and there ridiculously wide. So it's between 39 reds and 43 sx at this time. The 42 reds might would be worth trying but the 800 per tire plus added expense for 20 inch beadlocks and limited selection kills that tire for me.
Look up Cottontail Creations on Facebook and watch Artie and Bunnie's latest video from K2. Shawn Inman bought his 20s from Dirty Life and they weren't anymore than most 17s. I've seen several good deals on 42s lately, just none locally.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey don't try to talk these guys into 42 reds man. They ain't goin for it. Lol

C'mon some guy who works at BFG said they are junk. Let's roll with that

Truckguy2000 said:
Sticky thornbirds are best west coast tire ever :driving:

I'd buy a set if they came in BFG red compound. It would be like a time machine back to senior year in high school with my old Nissan Hardbody.

Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

LightBnDr said:
Ugh this thread is such a ( rascal pying lollipop )
Bahahhaah, pretty sure that guy was trolling for wieners.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Holy smokes, bizarre

Anyway 42 reds for the win, I'm just gonna start screaming it like
"O'doyle rules"

Just rode all weekend with a rig running on the new Mickey Baja Pro X.

I'm extremely impressed. Very good tires.

The rubber is stupid soft though. I'm not sure how long they're going to last under a big HP application. But they crawled everything we threw at them and moved a 6500lbs JK in places I didn't think was possible, without spinning. They don't look like a crawling tire, but they hooked like crazy on the rocks.

Good to hear some feedback. Now guess we need to wait for a full wheelin season to see how they hold up. Any idea what psi they ran at? Also how new were they?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5-6psi on KMC wheels. No burpage whatsoever.

They had 1 week of riding at EJS prior to riding here and looked great.

This vehicle:

56314872_220441965581711_7783608150603782095_n.jpg