• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Boulders?

Cruizer

I was up near Zeek's Wall and was checking out all the big boulders up there. Has anybody seen any other areas with a high concentration of big boulders....8ft to 30ft granite... up in the sky valley. I was thinking there might be some near the river or up in some of the washes around Gold bar.

big boulders

zeeks wall is the large cliff above Reiter pit up near the old mine and above the clearcut visible from hwy 2. It is named after zeeks drive in......

Cruizer said:
zeeks wall is the large cliff above Reiter pit up near the old mine and above the clearcut visible from hwy 2. It is named after zeeks drive in......

Do you mean Index wall? And Reiter pit??? Its Reiter trails now :cheer:

Cruizer said:

Never heard of it. But I know what cliff your talking about now

Cruizer said:
I was up near Zeek's Wall and was checking out all the big boulders up there. Has anybody seen any other areas with a high concentration of big boulders....8ft to 30ft granite... up in the sky valley. I was thinking there might be some near the river or up in some of the washes around Gold bar.

There are a # of them scattered on the way up to isabel..

cool

what is sacup?

and which trail leads up to isabel?

I didn't know a veh. trail went all the way up there.

he is talking about when you leave sacup, and instead of going down to the left(toward's the parking lot), taking a right up the hill and past the mine. I've spent a few hour's on a few occasions up there walking around, not sure what anybody else has found, but I found pretty much buggy only terrain(a stretch for buggies too). But at this time of the year it's covered by about 5 feet of brush, back in march it all clear though. Worth looking in to.

?

Dont mean to sound ignorant but what are guys talking about...I am pretty new to the area and don't know what sacup is. I know the izzy trail leads up to the north of reiter, over may creek and up that ridge but where does the sacup trail start and go to? Does it org. out of reiter? I was looking for boulder fields similar to the stuff up near the top of the clear cut below the cliffs. I know there is that huge boulder down near the powerlines just off reiter about half mile east the entrance to the gravel road. I was looking for other large rocks around the area......anything would help. Thanks again.

pm me is you got maps. That would be cool. Thanks again.

Cruizer said:
Dont mean to sound ignorant but what are guys talking about...I am pretty new to the area and don't know what sacup is. I know the izzy trail leads up to the north of reiter, over may creek and up that ridge but where does the sacup trail start and go to? Does it org. out of reiter? I was looking for boulder fields similar to the stuff up near the top of the clear cut below the cliffs. I know there is that huge boulder down near the powerlines just off reiter about half mile east the entrance to the gravel road. I was looking for other large rocks around the area......anything would help. Thanks again.

pm me is you got maps. That would be cool. Thanks again.

Are you looking to drive a 4x4 on the rocks or something else? The large rock on sacup is not a rock you can drive on, but there are a couple different rock gardens that have 4x4 trails through out at reiter. I don't know the area around zeeks wall so I am not sure what you are looking for?

cool

No I don't want to drive on them. I want to climb on them....bouldering/toproping and such. My rig (toyota landcruiser) can get most anywhere and I like exploring. The granite out there is sweet. "Rock gardens" sound exactly like what I am looking for. Any directions to the ones you think are the most accessible?

Cruizer said:
No I don't want to drive on them. I want to climb on them....bouldering/toproping and such. My rig (toyota landcruiser) can get most anywhere and I like exploring. The granite out there is sweet. "Rock gardens" sound exactly like what I am looking for. Any directions to the ones you think are the most accessible?

Im familar with bouldering. The rock gardends are filled with smaller rocks and wouldn' interest you for that kinda thing. Your best bet is the rocks you already found.

Oh yea there are a couple up on izzy that even have some over hang on them and then the one already mentioned on sacup.

cool

How far up on the izzy trail are they would you say? what kind of rig would you need to get up there and anybody want to clue me in on where sacup is? and how far up the trail the big boulder is thanks