• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BK Goes to Norway for some Formula Offroad Action

BustedKnucklefilms

After meeting Bjorn aka Insane racing last year we had been talking for a while about me coming over and seeing a formula offroad event first hand. Bjorn came down to Alabama to watch the SRRS at Gray Rock and had a blast. This September I finally got the chance and booked my flight for Norway. I flew into Trondheim where Bjorn lives and rode the Insane Race bus 10 hours to skien with Bjorn and the Team. 32 different cars showed up from all over Europe. Its was crazy how different the build were compared to rock bouncers. Most of them ran 4links with panhard bars or landrover radius arms and 9inch axles. a few of them used dana 60.14 bolt combos. Most common engine was a 383 with a 2 to 300shot of nitrous. Some of them ran ls engines and those did extremely well. They were making climbs that looked damn near impossible Here are a few of the videos so far from the trip. If you have any questions about the trip or Formula Offroad ask away! Most Norwegians and Scandanavians for that matter spoke and could understand English as 80% of their music and television is from the US so I asked a ton of questions.

Martin Michaelsen is Bjorn's dad and the driver of the Insane Car. He only worries about winning best in show as he demonstrates by being the only car to rollover on the test track! :popcorn:
INSANE FORMULA OFFROAD TEST TRACK ROLLOVER

He finished the Speed course on 3 wheels. The speed course is the only timed course of the event. Everything else is just make all the gates of the course in 3minutes or less.
INSANE FASTEST FORMULA OFFROAD CAR ON 3 WHEELS!

And sadly this is the Wreck that broke his neck. He is ok. Just had to have some surgery to fix the cracked vertebrae. We hope he makes a full recovery and gets back in the drivers seat.
INSANE FORMULA OFFROAD CRASH

I have always thought that type of racing was pretty wild. Looks like a pretty hard hit in that last video. Hopefully everything works out ok for them.

So did he think his ride up cable hill with Bobby was as extreme as riding in one of these?

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Most Norwegians and Scandanavians for that matter spoke and could understand English as 80% of their music and television is from the US so I asked a ton of questions.

That's cuz them fools have good taste in music!!! Bet most all of them were metalheads!

So Matt. When you do your taxes, on the job title line, do you write "whatever kinda cool **** I wanna do"