• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BK Toterhome Project

wont work said:
If they can prove your using it to make money it doesn't matter what's on the tag or title.
In Alabama it's all in who pulls you over also.

Whats the difference in that and me pulling the trailer with my regular truck with decals all over it?

Re: Re: Re: BK Toterhome Project

wont work said:
If they can prove your using it to make money it doesn't matter what's on the tag or title.
In Alabama it's all in who pulls you over also.
How could they prove he was using to make money without searching it and they would need a warrant or probable cause to do that.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Whats the difference in that and me pulling the trailer with my regular truck with decals all over it?

because of the type of vehicle it is, and the type of license required to operate said vehicle.

I don't think you'd have any problem, being that it's literally and RV that you happen to take on "business trips".

Wouldn't be any different that if you were say a land surveyor, or some sort of on-site consulting firm and you had a company logo on the side of an RV that you used for business travel.

No reason that you should have to have a CDL or weight certs for that, since you aren't using the actual vehicle to conduct business (ie hauling/transporting goods or people for hire)

Re:

I've seen a lot of farmers use toterhomes for pulling tractors which is really a part of the farm because they use them as a write off.

I did not want move this thread in this direction. I think it is a cool idea Matt. I just don't want you to sink a lot of money into it and find out you went the wrong route. An RV, does not make it non-commercial. What is done with it does.

TBItoy said:
No reason that you should have to have a CDL or weight certs for that, since you aren't using the actual vehicle to conduct business (ie hauling/transporting goods or people for hire)

As to the above. If that was true, every truck driver could say his tractor is not for business, as he is carrying all the goods in his trailer.

No other job other than BKF. Every item in trailer is for consumer sales. Using truck to move commercial items to location for sale. Yes, it is commercial, period. Commercial trucks are subject to DOT regulations. I am not suggesting Matt go completely legit. I don't like the .gov in our affairs. That is the reason I said to get advice to continue to run under the radar. About the only pickup that DOT hassles are those pulling hot shots.

And if you bought it in BKF name, using it as a business expense to lower profits on taxes, hard to change directions and say is is your family recreational vehicle, and not commercial.

Again, congrats Matt on taking it to the next level.

Re:

Good point John, I didn't think about Matt carrying merchandize for sale.

Matt may want to look into both scenarios ( under the radar RV or legit business expense/vehicle). It may save him money in long run, and make more money through better brand recognition/awareness to have the full wrap high profile rig and be able to use it as a tax write off.....

Dunno

TBItoy said:
because of the type of vehicle it is, and the type of license required to operate said vehicle.

This and along with what John G said. If it has Busted Knuckle on the tag paper work and insurance then it all over the side its going to be hard to convince them its just for fun. You may can drive this thing all over without a problem but you pass that one cop that pulls you over and he can make a bad day fast.

You along with anyone can be subject to be weighed but I dont see you being overloaded at all.

I think its a cool idea just dont want to see you harassed every time you drive it down the road or cross a state line.

I will definitely do my research before wrapping it or a trailer. I talked to the Poison Spyder guys at Offroad Expo and they drive an 18 wheeler and don't stop at the weigh stations or anything.

Nice rv congrats. I think in Alabama you don't need CDL unless it has air brakes on it. Good luck with it and have FUN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ride! I work for the company that owns Rock Hard 4x4 Parts. Here's their set up & they've never been stopped by DOT. He kept the the logos off toter for a reason. Just slather up the toys for advertising! :dblthumb:

IMG_4417_zpsyaizqho5.jpg