• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blue devil head gasket sealant

Ive heard of some stuff called liquid glass thats supposed to work damn well too.

If good products used and the job is done properly--you don't have to use any sealants on head gaskets.

If good products used and the job is done properly--you don't have to use any sealants on head gaskets.

I'm thinking this is more along the lines of cracking a raw egg into the radiator rather than a "proper" repair.

Wonder if that stuff would work on my wifes new runner... The guy she got it from drove it with NO water in the radiator until it shut itself down.. Pulled the plugs and put water in the radiator and had water pouring out of the #5 hole.... That'd be some magical shiat if it'd fix that issue.. :redneck:

If you do use this stuff, BYPASS THE HEATERCORE, it'll plug that **** up faster than Whitetrash after thanksgivin dinner:redneck:

Buddys dad used it in his 3.0(liquid glass that is), an it was a good long term-temp fix, lasted about a year of wheeling/DDin

Never heard of Blue Devil....but their claim that it works on northstars????? Isn't the reason the head gaskets go south on these motors the fact that the head bolt threads are pulling out of the block???:corn:

I'm waiting for him to show up to the shop and test his miracle cure!:rolleyes:

This thing will probley be for sale this afternoon :haha::haha::haha:

I've used Steel Seal on several rigs with pretty decent results. I know of two subarus it was used on, each more than 2 years ago that are still driving, no issues. We have never had any luck on 3.0 Toyotas OR Northstar's. I know we used the Blue Devil crap once on a 3.8 taurus that lost a head gasket. It was dumped by the customer shortly after, so I don't know how long it lasted. Definitely not the PROPER way to repair crap... but when you don't have any money, you gotta do it sometimes.