• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boost guage

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Ok I have searched on NW bombers and figured out where to put the pyro(actually read jobless's thread).

But where are you guys tapping for the boost guage? Are you drilling into the intake horn/tapping it?

Mine already had a threaded hole into the intake runner from the factory :fawkdancesmiley:

(I love my 12 valve) :corn:

ohhh yea, and 30 psi boost gauges aren't allowed.

Perfect--thats what I thought. also saw somebody makes an intake bolt that is replaceable that adds a port too (over on NW bombers)

also saw somebody makes an intake bolt that is replaceable that adds a port too (over on NW bombers)

Randy's in Arlington sells those, it's what I used, inexpensive and works great. I also needed to install a "snubber" which is an in-line fitting which restricts the hole opening for the boost gauge so the needle doesn't bounce around.

Randy's in Arlington sells those, it's what I used, inexpensive and works great. I also needed to install a "snubber" which is an in-line fitting which restricts the hole opening for the boost gauge so the needle doesn't bounce around.

Basically a restricter---thats easy to make if I need to but does make sense... I am just going to drill the housing above the heater and run the port there....

I did a lil searching and found there is a 3/4" plug near the fuel filter. And just so happens I have a bunch of bushing's and made my own adapter.

So all the guages work except the trans temp--still waiting for BD parts..