• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bringing the LJ back to life

Cute lil cell! :redneck: That's just what I'll need for mine if/when I cut it up....:; What size is it??? O, and what time are ya thinkin' of being up here????:corn:
You just need buy/trade for mine Kevin. :redneck:

Where did you get that? Looks like a nice one.

Cute lil cell! :redneck: That's just what I'll need for mine if/when I cut it up....:; What size is it??? O, and what time are ya thinkin' of being up here????:corn:

It's off ebay. The company is BD Racing. It's a clone of the 5 gallon Jaz cell.
And Kevin, I should be leaving here at 8am, depends on how late I work tomorrow night though, really. I have no clue how long it's gonna take to get up there, I'm guessing ~4 hours? That's if I figure out how to get there..:redneck:

Looks good! Bout time we get to see the ol tactical mini back in the woods. :D:beer:

Thanks. :cool: It's gonna get some cool new toys in the future, but for now that's the main goal, to get it back out in the woods.

5 gal. Damn thats a little small for me.

I'm thinking 8-10 gallon for my sami, the turbo GTI is gonna guzzle the gas

I love your LJ, I need one!

And Kevin, I should be leaving here at 8am, depends on how late I work tomorrow night though, really. I have no clue how long it's gonna take to get up there, I'm guessing ~4 hours? That's if I figure out how to get there..:redneck:
From the Fairgrounds, you're lookin' at ~2 hrs...

:haha: I shoulda totally taken a pic of getting the tires into the Sami! :haha:
Well, aretheyonyetaretheyonyetaretheyonyet?????..... :corn:

:haha: I shoulda totally taken a pic of getting the tires into the Sami! :haha:
Well, aretheyonyetaretheyonyetaretheyonyet?????..... :corn:

:haha: I forgot to get a pic of them crammed in there. It was a less than comfy ride back, but they did *technically fit. :redneck:

I got two mounted up yesterday and ran out of valve stems. The thornbirds went on the tintop so I could steal the 15x8s that were on it vs. the 10s that the turds are on. I also gained a 1/4" of backspacing. :D The front width is now 69", the rear should be 66" untill I get spacers for the back. (66" is what the width was before with 2.5" bs wheels and 10.50" tires.)( And fwiw, I measured the wheelbase and it's 88", I hadn't measured since moving the link mounts when I redid the rear housing.)
Todays goal is to get the other two mounted and get to mounting the fuel cell. I also just ordered up $60:crazyguy: of fittings to get the fuel cell plumbed in.

Here's a couple teasers of the tires mounted. I got to use a little fire to mount them up. :redneck: I can get lock to lock without them hitting the springs too. :cool: I still may end up getting 2.5" bs wheels for it in the future.

13f5e86d.jpg

5e52cfd1.jpg

Thanks again to Kevin and Andy, these should work out great. :cool:

Complete with "oreo" wheels. :redneck:
74fcbd13.jpg

de937801.jpg

a4505a97.jpg

2ba7fe3c.jpg

I came up with this for the cell mount. It'll get another piece to capture it 4 sides.
d3b06823.jpg

8d005075.jpg

5b92c30c.jpg

More fire???? :haha:
Now THAT looks awesome, looks like they'll do the trick on the trail too!!!! :awesomework: :awesomework: :cool:

That looks friggin awesome, that thing will be unstoppable, if those axles can hold up.

I am amazed that you got those all into the Sami, I would have loved to seen that.

That looks friggin awesome, that thing will be unstoppable, if those axles can hold up.

I am amazed that you got those all into the Sami, I would have loved to seen that.

As long as he's got the TT double tough axles front and rear it should hold up to some good abuse........and yeah, ya had to be there!!! :haha:

Well, I got my fittings last week sometime, and got the fuel cell plumbed in. I need to pick up some hose for the vent still, but it's ready to run. (and did) :cheer:
Block off for the unused port, and the vent fittings.
7a7cc716.jpg

Pressure and return plumbed in, with a pre-pump filter.
87df0fd9.jpg

Then I got back to work on the mount. I cut out the top plate and had to cut the top two tabs off and reweld them on to get a nice tight fit. I got the first bend of an "S" done, and realized I didn't have a way to make the second. :mad: Oh well, it turned out alright in the end, I think.

69b46fd4.jpg

962d158f.jpg

I used a couple pieces of rectangle tubing for risers, and the only thing left is some L brackets to mount it to the floor/hold the cell front to back. The brackets will extend up on either side to keep the cell snug on all sides.
1da75935.jpg

And I've got some of this.... ummm stuff to pad between the cell and mount.
It's 3m and has double back on it.. I think sometime they were wanting us to use it for bumper repair backer, but it never caught on. But nevertheless, it's perfect for the task at hand. :redneck:

a9fb69c9.jpg

I probably would have gotten more done, but I was busy saturday doing this. :D (click for vid)

Last edited:
I have, I think, two weekends of work left on it. I need to finish this mount up, get an alternator, and after firing it up last night, I think I need a p/s pressure hose made for it. I think this one is sucking air, plus the adapter for the toy box I'm using is less than stellar...