• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BTF fusion finish up

dang i thought i replied to this. Well its kinda sitting inside, kinda sitting outside of a shed ::) Pretty much in the elements

COPPERHEAD42 said:
dang i thought i replied to this. Well its kinda sitting inside, kinda sitting outside of a shed ::) Pretty much in the elements
another classic derail.
it is sitting there being sad while this one gets worked on when I'm not working 13 hours or chasing a 1 year old (wife works long ass days as well)
I have the thirds, l33 alum 5.3 for it, 350 trans, atlas, knuckles and c's, unit bearings and drive flanges, seat, and lots and lots of other ****, just don't have time. I still need front axles and joints and time. Also lack time to work on it. :flipgotcha:

B Gillespie said:
Is Santa working on the buggy over the holidays?
haven't had much time. Got the Atlas redrilled last week then went back to work. Worked monday this week, but got the atlas put in and am looking at mounting solutions. I've had to cut the motor mounts that were in it out and move them around, working with 1/2" all around it hoping to make it all fit. I've been cleaning up the farm and gathering parts for a log splitter build and some other stuff. Taking a bunch of tires to the dump today after dismounting and cutting the beads out of them. I know, throw them in a ditch right? we're doing the responsible thing laughing1

Matt O. said:
I thought this was a KOH pre-runner?
Ran out of living money, the bank still wanted the mortgage even though I'm laid off ??? A bunch of **** came up, and it finally got pushed off the lift a week ago to do a motor swap for some $. I've been doing projects for others to make the ends meet and have enough money to go to koh. Ben flaked on going, so that's $700ish+ out of my pocket now for fuel alone instead of the planned $350 AND his rzr isn't going now, so I had to jump on getting mine going. Other stuff too, rzr needing $400 in parts just to move. GPS is going in the rzr and race buggy. prerun the desert in the rzr, you don't really need to mark the rocks in GPS, there's basically 1 path and matt is a seasoned (fast) rock crawler

My ori's are just showing up this week on tuesday, the atlas took 2 weeks longer than quoted and came with the wrong clocking pattern, etc. It will get done, just not right now, I have to make a living or go back to work to finish this thing

Pushed it back on the lift last week
I've mounted the brain, made the tie rods, finished tcase mounting with supports at the adapter, rear output and a plate going under it and capturing 4 of the access cover bolts under the front output. It should be isolated, and none of the mounts or braces go anywhere near the belly pan or link crossmembers (personal pet peeve of mine, that **** moves)
I also mounted the orbital last night and am moving on to driveshafts and exhaust so I can start on the front engine skid and and bracing after.
no pics, even though the shop now has $600 in t5 lighting hung in it. Daylight at night now, freaking nice as ever

Keep the updates coming! Enjoying watching your updates to the chassis. 8)

lay said:
I've made a whole driveshaft this week :gay: I've worked on a guy's logsplitter a lot, fed some cows, moved some **** around, babysat for a day, burned some ****, etc, but got a whole driveshaft made other than that ::) It is totally sweet too, I didn't have any heavy wall tube laying around, so I wetn and grabbed an old SF 14 I had laying around, cut the tubes off, whacked the axle shafts too. I cut the perches and shock mounts off and put it in the lathe. It was a little crooked from the welding and cutting so I lathed the OD of the tube and ID of the far end out to the pilot of the driveshaft. Then I flipped it around, chucked back up, spun the rest of the OD square to the first part I turned and turned the ID out and welded the splined stub in. Flipped it back and put the weld yoke in. what a pain in the ass over using new tube of the right size, but I'm poor laughing1 You want pics of a driveshaft? :flipgotcha: It is 5/16" wall at its thickest (it was only warped a long 1/16th" at its worst)
I guess I also made the lower rear axle end shock tabs and was in the middle of the uppers when the wife said I have to drive the Step daughter 1.5 hrs south to her dad's. Fun.

there
reardshaft.jpg

Latest posts