• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy build "Indecision"

Re: buggy build "indecision"

How hard will it be to get in/out of with that rolled bar coming down through the side "window" opening? Looks tight.

It's not as tight as it looks. I'm 6' 205 so I should be ok. Don't think I'll be falling out of it though. Lol

I got it home this evening. I need to work on building a little caterpillar engine tomorrow at my other shop but honestly thinking about taking tomorrow for myself and fitting some power train.

12ef7536f18a1dad826dcdae60078ef9_zpsgnxszb8n.jpg

c7d2315c3131916866e6b3b179f3e56e_zpseyqczecz.jpg

Looks awesome man. Mine is chilling in the garage just like yours but I hardly have any of the parts to go with it. You've gotta be excited.

Very good looking chassis! Some hard earned wisdom I want to share with you is leave room for a different tcase! The 300 won't make it!

There's plenty of room for an atlas which is on my expensive **** to buy list. I'd like to have a 5:1 atlas as soon as it's possible.

And thanks. Travis built exactly what I wanted.

pholmann said:
There's plenty of room for an atlas which is on my expensive **** to buy list. I'd like to have a 5:1 atlas as soon as it's possible.

And thanks. Travis built exactly what I wanted.
5:1 is really low! What gears are you planning to run in the axles? 3.73?

Right now I'm at 4.10. The axles were in my last buggy and it was sm465/203/205. I would rather gear through the case than in my axles. I try to avoid the tiny pinions. My case has the lomax 4:1 kit in it.

Re:

Word on the streets.....is that the name of this buggy is changing...

Going to be "Curtain Call" cuz it's gonna be lights out on "Showtime".

Be afraid Timmie. ....be afraid yet prepared my good man. ;)

I wouldn't order the atlas until after you ride in it with the 4:1 break it first then put a stock 300 in it while you wait on the atlas! Just from the looks of the buggy you plan to go fast when mine had t400 3.8 and 4.88 it was all in the limiter in 3rd went to a 3:1 and it was about right IMO fwiw

Re:

tonybolton said:
Word on the streets.....is that the name of this buggy is changing...

Going to be "Curtain Call" cuz it's gonna be lights out on "Showtime".

Be afraid Timmie. ....be afraid yet prepared my good man. ;)

:rolf: you must have me confused with someone that can afford that ****.

al1tonyota said:
I wouldn't order the atlas until after you ride in it with the 4:1 break it first then put a stock 300 in it while you wait on the atlas! Just from the looks of the buggy you plan to go fast when mine had t400 3.8 and 4.88 it was all in the limiter in 3rd went to a 3:1 and it was about right IMO fwiw

Ya I plan on getting it going then seeing what the gearing needs from there. It will be a while before I can afford an atlas. The t case and a set of rcv's are the only two upgrades I have planned in the future, Other than some engine mods to add a bit of Woopow. I'm gonna have to recoup from the build itself first.