• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy wireing

Cole1

So what do you buggy guys do for wireing everything up in your rig? Do you get a universal 18 circut harness or do you wire everything up from scratch?

Ive been fighting wireing issues since I got my truck and me and doved85 tore the harness out last night so im looking at my options for wireing it back up.

Thanks, Chris

For a buggy 18 circuts would seem overkill. I used a 18 circut kit on the jeep I am building now and I have a couple of unused circuts and I have a bunch of dohickies that requires voltage:redneck:. I used a ez to wire harness there a little cheaper than the painless ones and still pretty good quality. I really like that the wires are labeled every few inches.

http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/

For a buggy 18 circuts would seem overkill. I used a 18 circut kit on the jeep I am building now and I have a couple of unused circuts and I have a bunch of dohickies that requires voltage:redneck:. I used a ez to wire harness there a little cheaper than the painless ones and still pretty good quality. I really like that the wires are labeled every few inches.

http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/

:awesomework: Great link. Ive just been looking at summit and jegs. What are the pros and cons of the kit you got Pokey? Which kit did you get?

:awesomework: Great link. Ive just been looking at summit and jegs. What are the pros and cons of the kit you got Pokey? Which kit did you get?

This one http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/catalog/details/PRO13

I really like the wires are labled and color coded and it has a pretty small fuse panel. It comes ready tio wire in to GM colume and ignition switch as well as turn signals and such. This was a down side for me as I am using a key switch in the dash and a electronic turn signal system for the led lights. Aftermarket heater and all kinds of dodadads that arnt factory. Takes a little more time to figure things out but if you have a good knowledge of wiring and have a ohm meter its no big deal.

Turn signal
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Hi-Tech-Turn-Signal-Module-Standard,2366.html

I prefer to wire from scratch. Just get a bunch of different colors of wire in different gages and go to town. I also prefer to solder every connection and heat shrink. Takes a lot of time but lasts for years and years.:awesomework:

I prefer to wire from scratch. Just get a bunch of different colors of wire in different gages and go to town. I also prefer to solder every connection and heat shrink. Takes a lot of time but lasts for years and years.:awesomework:

How much did you end up spending on wire and heat shrink to wire up your buggy?

How much did you end up spending on wire and heat shrink to wire up your buggy?

I couldn't tell you but that stuff isn't all that expensive. Most of the money would be spent on heavy wires like battery cables and charge wires etc.....Good switches cost a little bit.

Your first gen yota isn't gonna need much more than a buggy does aside from blinkers and tail lights those trucks are easy to wire up. The other nice thing about doing it yourself is you know where everything is and where everything goes and how and where you want it to go

X2 on the soilder and heat shrink. I have never done a buggy But i helped my brother with wireing his bike, and I think that it turned out a lot cleaner and seems to hold up better.

Well a buy I work with tried saving some money at the end of his drag car build and went to wire it all up from scratch and he said he spent right around $200 for the wire, heat shrink and solder so I was just curious.

I can get this kit for about the same price so im considering this now.

http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/catalog/details/PRO11

Your still going to need a bunch of connectors as well as heat shrink tubing (do it right) it will nickle and dime you just like any other project.

:looser: ya your harness is fawked dood... so many cut wires/added wires that go no where...

i would look first for a complete 80 wiring harness...

if you cant come up with one in a timely manner then look into a wiring kit...

i doubt you will need 18 circuits. pretty easy to figure it out how many you will need.stereo/lights/heater.. or wait your to cool for a heater:flipoff: guess you can cross off that circuit:redneck: rock lights/fuel system/ignition/winch ect...

X1000 if we do make a wiring harness from scratch i wouldn't make it unless you are willing to spend the extra cash to do it the right way.. that means soldered connections relays heat shrink ect... no chop shop ****:haha:

Last edited:
:looser: ya your harness is fawked dood... so many cut wires/added wires that go no where...

i would look first for a complete 80 wiring harness...

if you cant come up with one in a timely manner then look into a wiring kit...

i doubt you will need 18 circuits. pretty easy to figure it out how many you will need.stereo/lights/heater.. or wait your to cool for a heater:flipoff: guess you can cross off that circuit:redneck: rock lights/fuel system/ignition/winch ect...

X1000 if we do make a wiring harness from scratch i wouldn't make it unless you are willing to spend the extra cash to do it the right way.. that means soldered connections relays heat shrink ect... no chop shop ****:haha:

Well shoot James I was just going to use a bunch of those twisty thingmajigers to connect all the wires together:flipoff:

Anyways I plan on soldering and shrink wrapping all the connections so it will last. That would suck to do all the work and have a couple wire connections break and then ide be in the same boat as i am now chasing wires. I think im going to look for a harness for a week or 2 and if I come up with nothing im gonna buy a harness kit or have you make one from scratch:awesomework:

Well shoot James I was just going to use a bunch of those twisty thingmajigers to connect all the wires together:flipoff:

Anyways I plan on soldering and shrink wrapping all the connections so it will last. That would suck to do all the work and have a couple wire connections break and then ide be in the same boat as i am now chasing wires. I think im going to look for a harness for a week or 2 and if I come up with nothing im gonna buy a harness kit or have you make one from scratch:awesomework:

do what you want. don't call me when yer **** won't start:flipoff: sounds good give a call to olympic:awesomework: or pm darius he works there

So what do you buggy guys do for wireing everything up in your rig? Do you get a universal 18 circut harness or do you wire everything up from scratch?

Ive been fighting wireing issues since I got my truck and me and doved85 tore the harness out last night so im looking at my options for wireing it back up.

Thanks, Chris

They usually drop the rig off :D