• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cab swap ?

do any of you know if the body mounts are in the same place from a 85 toyota longbed pickup to a 86 4-runner?

You have to relocate at least 2 body mounts and deal with the fact there are no body mounts where the bed was.

You have to relocate at least 2 body mounts and deal with the fact there are no body mounts where the bed was.

thanks for the info buddy :awesomework:

x2

also the fuel taks are different too. the 4runner is mounted lower to clear the rear footwell.

thanks for the info and it is good to know i guess when i do te swap it will be time to do the fuel cell :awesomework:

thanks again guys for the info:awesomework:

do any of you know if the body mounts are in the same place from a 85 toyota longbed pickup to a 86 4-runner?

and to correct the toyota nut (crash) :looser: :looser: :looser: a standard cab longbed truck won't work for a 4runner body... wheel base is off 4runner and standard cab shortbed have the same wheelbase and a extracab short bed and a standardcab long bed have the same wheel base... been there... do some searching if you don't believe me...:corn: :corn: :corn:

do a SAS... much easier...:awesomework: :awesomework: :awesomework:

and you'd have to move all the body mounts after the first 2 sets at the front... the core supports mounts and the front of the cab ones are good but everything else gets hacked and replaced with the ones from the 4runner...

Last edited: