DSC09565.JPG

DSC09566.JPG

DSC09567.JPG

DSC09568.JPG

Still raining and water still climbing:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/al/nwis/uv?site_no=02423380

Next station down (Cahaba Heights) just hit flood stage:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/al/nwis/uv?site_no=02423425

john, your pics are taking FOR-EV-ER to load up... try photobucket, its free and works... :flipoff1:

The warrior River at the house is up a good 8 to 10 feet. Docks and piers and completely submerged. Another 5 feet and it will be at the front steps of houses. I'll try to go get some pictures tomorrow.

draggbody said:
john, your pics are taking FOR-EV-ER to load up... try photobucket, its free and works... :flipoff1:

They are just large. They are on Earthlink's server. I have a PhotoBucket also.

What good is an umteen megapixel camera if you don't use all the pixels. :flipgotcha:

i guess when you are old, you have nothing better to do but wait to die, watching pics load up on the internet....

benfowler87 said:
The warrior River at the house is up a good 8 to 10 feet. Docks and piers and completely submerged. Another 5 feet and it will be at the front steps of houses. I'll try to go get some pictures tomorrow.

down at WGN on 269 in bport its up but not out of the banks yet, over near the rainbow bridge a lil past wgn i noticed the lower level dock was under water but still not out of the banks yet wich at both places its only been up over the RR tracks maybe 2-3 times in its history, friend of mine owns a tug boat company and he told me this evening that 17 lock is going to be opening 3 of the gates tonite to try and keep it from flooding folks upstream. maybe u guys wont get flooded house.......

draggbody said:
i guess when you are old, you have nothing better to do but wait to die, watching pics load up on the internet....

Oh snap, wait, Oh fawk snap John. You have been called the fawk out man. Fawk, get a real fawkin camera you fawkin old man. Fawk, your gonna die soon, so fawk, take a fawkin Geritol and go the fawk back to bed. Fawk. That is all. :flipoff1: molaugh

224racin said:
down at WGN on 269 in bport its up but not out of the banks yet, over near the rainbow bridge a lil past wgn i noticed the lower level dock was under water but still not out of the banks yet wich at both places its only been up over the RR tracks maybe 2-3 times in its history, friend of mine owns a tug boat company and he told me this evening that 17 lock is going to be opening 3 of the gates tonite to try and keep it from flooding folks upstream. maybe u guys wont get flooded house.......

Deffinatley out of the banks. To some houses now.

a Buddy and I got a wild hair yesterday and put my canoe in the yellowleaf creek at the Narrows trying to shoot those rapids all the way to Chelsea. BAD IDEA!!! I really don't know what we were thinking. The water was moving at least 20MPH and those shoots come so close together you don't have time to steer a Canoe in water that fast. We got kicked out then got our butts kicked in the washing machine that followed. I have a pretty beat up leg and the Canoe got ripped in two. Lost everything. At least we can say we did it.

Anybody have a canoe or kayak for sale?

Trey

I am waiting for kayakers to show up at my house. We have a small creek out back and it is raging!

Jeep Family said:
a Buddy and I got a wild hair yesterday and put my canoe in the yellowleaf creek at the Narrows trying to shoot those rapids all the way to Chelsea. BAD IDEA!!! I really don't know what we were thinking. The water was moving at least 20MPH and those shoots come so close together you don't have time to steer a Canoe in water that fast. We got kicked out then got our butts kicked in the washing machine that followed. I have a pretty beat up leg and the Canoe got ripped in two. Lost everything. At least we can say we did it.

Anybody have a canoe or kayak for sale?

Trey

Man, I live in Chelsea and Yellow leaf creek IS IN my front yard. The water is up to the bottom of my bridge and I think I saw your Kayak float by. :flipoff1: (the last part.) You are nutts, that water is movin son. I am hoping it keeps up a bit longer and gets my neighbor and reldistributes his shithole 100 miles away. :fish:

CHASMAN9 said:
Man, I live in Chelsea and Yellow leaf creek IS IN my front yard. The water is up to the bottom of my bridge and I think I saw your Kayak float by. :flipoff1: (the last part.) You are nutts, that water is movin son. I am hoping it keeps up a bit longer and gets my neighbor and reldistributes his shithole 100 miles away. :fish:

Man grab my junk when it goes by your house next time. Where are you at? We stopped at the "Office Park" building that was for rent last year. It has a few bridges to get over to the house/office but the canoe never showed up. It was cold and raining and we were under a tornado watch so we went home. I will try it again as soon as I aquire another canoe. Our chase guy in the jeep was going to video but he said everything was happening to fast. He said we hit the first wash and he sped on ahead. He saw us bounce a few times then when he was watching us to come around a tree all that showed up was the canoe. We popped up past him. I know I was under for a long time because I can remember thinking about my wife while I was dragging on the bottom and hoping I didn't get wedged in somewhere. That water was so strong.

Jeep Family said:
Man grab my junk when it goes by your house next time. Where are you at? We stopped at the "Office Park" building that was for rent last year. It has a few bridges to get over to the house/office but the canoe never showed up. It was cold and raining and we were under a tornado watch so we went home. I will try it again as soon as I aquire another canoe. Our chase guy in the jeep was going to video but he said everything was happening to fast. He said we hit the first wash and he sped on ahead. He saw us bounce a few times then when he was watching us to come around a tree all that showed up was the canoe. We popped up past him. I know I was under for a long time because I can remember thinking about my wife while I was dragging on the bottom and hoping I didn't get wedged in somewhere. That water was so strong.

Dude, you are soooo lucky. THat creek there is rocky as ****. I am on Whisenhunt rd off Hiway 47. The creek goes on my property and under the bridge in my front yard. My wife called me this morning and told me that the water was all the way up to the road. The highest I have seen it in 9 years living there. :fish:

Water has crested here. Went up 10 1/2 FEET yesterday, now down one foot or so. According to the USGS, the flow is at 152,000 gallons per SECOND just below my house.

benfowler87 said:
Deffinatley out of the banks. To some houses now.

ya i just got back from wgn tonite and it was still liking around a foot of being out of the banks(wich the docks are 12 feet from normal water level at the port, however it is still rising, i talked to the dot while down there and they said they are planning to close hwy 269 in that spot later tonite if it gets to the tracks.....down at black creek camp its roughly 7-10 feet on ground and into some of the cabins.......we were on mutual aid with copeland ferry fire dept earlier today with water rescue down at the camp over there near the bridge, water level was half way up the rv's and cabins......took some pics, ill post up when i get done sorting