• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

calling people on their bullshit???

Re:

I hear it all man from V6 Challengers running 8 seconds in the Eighth Mile or 160 mile per hour topped out or they always awesome I know a guy that has a friend that has a Toyota Supra that makes a thousand horsepower blah blah blah....

I'm really not sure what people's fascination today with trying to one-up everybody they see. Back in my day when I did the street racing thing you always played your **** down and talk bad about it. Like actually trying to act sincere about not knowing about what your car has.

It sucks every now and then I'll catch myself in a conversation at Windrock about how my Explorer on 33s went up stairs steps but I catch myself and shut the **** up because I know how ridiculous it sounds.

Re:

I suppose it just goes with the territory that I'm known as the car guy at work and I get to deal with everyone's problems.

Being in a warehouse the gossip and rumors always run rampant

I had given some advice to a person about a car randomly dying or not wanting to start and I told them that it might be the crank position sensor but they should have it checked because I really don't know Dodge intrepids.... just seems like a pretty generic symptom that covers that kind of issue.

So fast forward about 3 weeks after that conversation I heard that she went out and bought this sensor that was $300 had someone put it on for her and it didn't fix the problem and she was pissed at me because I told her to buy the part and that I didn't know what the hell I was talking about!

Re:

Bounce in a bar a few nights. Drunk dumbass that thinks thru
the can do whatever they want. Are some of the bullshit they come with, trying to convince you not to throw them out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

tonybolton said:
I hear it all man from V6 Challengers running 8 seconds in the Eighth Mile or 160 mile per hour topped out or they always awesome I know a guy that has a friend that has a Toyota Supra that makes a thousand horsepower blah blah blah....

I'm really not sure what people's fascination today with trying to one-up everybody they see. Back in my day when I did the street racing thing you always played your **** down and talk bad about it. Like actually trying to act sincere about not knowing about what your car has.

It sucks every now and then I'll catch myself in a conversation at Windrock about how my Explorer on 33s went up stairs steps but I catch myself and shut the **** up because I know how ridiculous it sounds.

My personal favorite is the guy who everybody knows that has a skyline. Or even better a Ford that ran well.

Re:

Dang that's all I heard you talk about was that xploder on 33s. Like "oh I got this big jeep, but my dd exploder used to go up all the same stuff, BFD"

laughing1

:flipoff1:

The older I get the easier it is to not give a **** and completely tune out dumbasses when talking bullshit. :****:

P said:
The older I get the easier it is to not give a **** and completely tune out dumbasses when talking bullshit. :****:

Sometimes I will play along and one up their Junk. My favorite was a guy at Autozone who said TC and him were good friends (we had a discussion about parts for my jeep and he explained to me that he had a rock buggy that was on 44s and had Z71 axles and had been all over Sugar Creek with Tim) so I said "cool he was in my wedding. he is on his way out here this weekend to help me preload my differential, we will be in here two or three more times to get the bearing tabs for it if y'all have them" He lowered his head and said "I am sure we have those parts but I don't know him, I just watch him on YouTube" Of course he very well could have known Timmie but I was skeptical.

laughing1

Up here in Kansas, I just let em talk.... when it comes to wheeling if I dont alreay know them around here they have no clue

I know everyone here is good ****, but holy **** it sounds like you guys have a lot of dumb ****ing people in your territory. Most every white person is fairly smart around here I guess.

Re:

Whenever I hear those people start talking I seem to relate it to a homeless man giving me Financial advice.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Like Tony said earlier, the biggest bunch of bull **** you will ever here is around street racing, we would be hanging out somewhere with our cars, and it would always be the guy who pulled up in a 500 ranger talking **** like, I got a Mustang at home out run anything on the street, takes 5k for me to get it out. I swear we had a dumb ass roll up on a bicycle one night talking **** like that, we laughed our ass of at him.

Re: calling people on their bullshit?

Do y'all know my neighbor? I can't even tell you how many times he's told me of the $150k corvette he has out back(mid 80's, purple, tree growing out of if) and that he has a 1500hp hemi sitting on the floor of his shop that he's going to put in his Chrysler 300....I normally just laugh and walk off.

Got'dang.....this thread is a jinx. I'd actually been doing pretty good with avoiding "car B.S.'ers" for a while....

Stopped at Auto Zone yesterday to pick up some brake cleaner that was on sale and stupid me, I parked up front by the window. I go to checkout... "That car a 5.0? Yea, an automatic. I've got a buddy with a 96 GT that has a Shelby motorswap that makes 700hp. Pretty cool man, I don't need a receipt. What's done to your car? Wheels / filter. You be interested in running him? Yes, 100$ and I get the move. OK! (sends text to said 700hp guy). (2 minutes pass) He said he needs tires, he can't hook on the street. "

"Soooo, you made the bet....you/your friend backed out. I need paid. Run what you have or I need $100. That's how this works. Oh I was jus talkin' for fun man, I just got a civic with some Toda cams...."

I started super-trolling after that and forgot half the **** I made up but the end result was I got 20$ put on my Auto Zone rewards card.

See....it PAYS to call people on their bullshit. :)

I can't stand "One Uppers" hate them most of all, got this guy at work (owners son) every damn time someone tells a story, before they can fish he says " I got one better than that...... :gtfo:

Re: calling people on their bullshit?

dwa2469 said:
I can't stand "One Uppers" hate them most of all, got this guy at work (owners son) every damn time someone tells a story, before they can fish he says " I got one better than that...... :gtfo:
There used to be a guy I worked with that every time someone told a story he would immediately say oh yeah well that ain't nothin then go on to tell a outlandish story, so we would start off with a outlandish story just to see what he came up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk