• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

calling people on their bullshit???

money_pit_yj said:
I'm a natural 1 upper. I can't help it. I won't blatantly make up a story to 1 up but I have a bunch of stories. ???

Oh yeah well that ain't nothing. I got a friend who ain't never told a lie and has done everything ever before you did and can remember every story he has ever been a part of. He used to have this old Yota on 38s that never got stuck and climbers ever hill in the county. Crossed a pond too.

Re: Re: calling people on their bullshit???

Elliott said:
Now I'm feeling dumb, what the flip is a toda cam???
High end honda fanboi ****....

943fd1aba6decf28a44fb02258384506.jpg

Re:

I only remember that **** from back in my import days where these idiots were paying 6 and $700 for cams to gain 10 or 15 horsepower in a Honda but they would lose like 20 foot pounds of torque.

They all gave me **** for putting a supercharger on a Honda because turbos make more power while I didn't care about power a Honda is a gutless turd and needs more torque so I bought a supercharger.

I basically beat them all up until about 120 miles an hour and then they might inch ahead of me just a little bit at 130.

I'd gap the **** out of them from 0-60.

Re:

tonybolton said:
I only remember that **** from back in my import days where these idiots were paying 6 and $700 for cams to gain 10 or 15 horsepower in a Honda but they would lose like 20 foot pounds of torque.

They all gave me **** for putting a supercharger on a Honda because turbos make more power while I didn't care about power a Honda is a gutless turd and needs more torque so I bought a supercharger.

I basically beat them all up until about 120 miles an hour and then they might inch ahead of me just a little bit at 130.

I'd gap the **** out of them from 0-60.
I call bs. If you dropped a 4 cyl honda out of a plane I bet it's terminal velocity isn't 130! :gtfo:

buddy that worked at NAPA had a turbo'd honda, was the fastest one around...

He only wanted to race people from 60-70 punch laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

My stock Duramax would out run it to 70 easy...probably pulling a trailer

Re:

Yep that was the hot ticket around here if you had a turbo the size of your motor on a Honda then you did 80 to 150 rolls all day

I mean you would get gapped by a Camry or an accord from a stoplight but from 80 to 150 you were a god

Re:

tonybolton said:
Yep that was the hot ticket around here if you had a turbo the size of your motor on a Honda then you did 80 to 150 rolls all day

I mean you would get gapped by a Camry or an accord from a stoplight but from 80 to 150 you were a god

Damn that's so stupid I can't even begin to comprehend it.

Re:

I always thought so but I was an oddball and usually just did whatever I wanted.

I rode in a few 350 450 500 horsepower Hondas and while the rush is pretty cool the so sucking at the bottom end was just awful.

My integra put down 285whp and right at 200wtq. It was a roots blower and had a great torque line.

It was really a fun car to drive you could daily drive it and not have any worries and Putt-Putt along just like normal.

All that torque low in the RPM range really let you lug the gears in corners and just rocket ship out of them.

The bad thing is a stock maxima would probably smoke their asses! I remember the first hopped up maxima I was around, they kept telling me how fast it was, of course being a v8 guy I called bs, then I was amazed how fast that car was when I finally seen it.

Elliott said:
The bad thing is a stock maxima would probably smoke their asses! I remember the first hopped up maxima I was around, they kept telling me how fast it was, of course being a v8 guy I called bs, then I was amazed how fast that car was when I finally seen it.

Aren't a Maxima and a 350z basically the same? (FWD vs RWD of course)

mods are probably similar

Yeah a stock maxima has the same engine as a 350z, and its a blast till it starts burning oil under 30k miles and nissan tells you "due to the high performance nature of this engine..." what a load of crap. I sold that turd for a loss and learned a valuable lesson about nissan products.

Re:

Maxima, 350z, G35, FX35. Ole lady's FX35 got some get up and go for what it is. I think it's something like 280 hp stock, looked it up one time but can't remember if that is 100% correct. Seems like I looked it up when I had the FJ Cruiser, and FJ had 240 hp and her FX35 had 280 hp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

d_daffron said:
Yeah a stock maxima has the same engine as a 350z, and its a blast till it starts burning oil under 30k miles and nissan tells you "due to the high performance nature of this engine..." what a load of crap. I sold that turd for a loss and learned a valuable lesson about nissan products.

The maxima is a HO version of the 3.5 different cams and ecm built in TN .The z engine is built in Japan .

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Maxima, 350z, G35, FX35. Ole lady's FX35 got some get up and go for what it is. I think it's something like 280 hp stock, looked it up one time but can't remember if that is 100% correct. Seems like I looked it up when I had the FJ Cruiser, and FJ had 240 hp and her FX35 had 280 hp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm one uping right here. Wifes Acadia has a 310 hp V6 and still gets 26 mpg. Not bad for a mom car.

My wife's family ride has 335 hp and 370 tq, seats 8 people and gets 20 mpg. Her work car has a 240 hp 4 cyl and gets 30 mpg.

Re:

I suppose late 90s/early 00's are the new "80s performance cars".

I forget who did it but I remember they took a Plymouth Superbird the one with the big wing on it that everybody nuts over and put it on an autocross course against a 1990 something Dodge Caravan ....and the Caravan Beat It. Like easily.

tonybolton said:
I suppose late 90s/early 00's are the new "80s performance cars".

I forget who did it but I remember they took a Plymouth Superbird the one with the big wing on it that everybody nuts over and put it on an autocross course against a 1990 something Dodge Caravan ....and the Caravan Beat It. Like easily.

Wasn't the super bird specifically built to go ~200mph on huge oval tracks?

Yeah...

And yes, most new basic FWD family cars are faster and handle better than 90s camaros and mustangs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk