• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camper question

Sandtrap1986

Met a guy selling a bed camper all the bells and whistles fully loaded but bank wrote it off so there is no title which mean no registration how much of a hassle would it be....selling it for a steal of a deal...not sure ....

Yeah but its legit. It was part of a combination loan that was defaulted on. The bank chose to wright of off as a loss and destroy the title rather than recover it. That happened over 4 years ago so its total clean slate and pretty much don't exist.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416105548.780423.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416105548.780423.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 303
I wouldn't trust it or him. especially if he had to get a loan on a 1300 dollar camper.

plus that thing would look down right silly on your truck, the cab over part is built for standard cab trucks. It will barely cover your back seat. :puke:

I was under the impression, if it doesn't cover your tail lights, its doesn't need to be licensed or anything like that.

I could be wrong though. I have an 8' palomino and it doesn't have a tittle or a plate (that I know of).

Wait till Monday, and go to your local DMV with the serial number (VIN) and have them run the numbers. If a lien still exists, you'll know. If it's a total loss, then you'll know. The DMV will tell you how to go about getting a title/plates.

My guess, it's stolen. Perhaps by fraud (the bank could never find it).

If I had a camper worth 1300, I surely wouldn't sell it for 350 if all I needed to do was take it to the state patrol for an inspection, then make a quick trip to DMV for a new title.

It's a huge risk carrying it on your truck,,,, imagine the WSP pulling you over for a burnt out bulb, and having them run the camper's numbers only to find out it HOT. You'd be in a heap of hot water.

Last edited:
Wait till Monday, and go to your local DMV with the serial number (VIN) and have them run the numbers. If a lien still exists, you'll know. If it's a total loss, then you'll know. The DMV will tell you how to go about getting a title/plates.

My guess, it's stolen. Perhaps by fraud (the bank could never find it).

If I had a camper worth 1300, I surely wouldn't sell it for 350 if all I needed to do was take it to the state patrol for an inspection, then make a quick trip to DMV for a new title.

It's a huge risk carrying it on your truck,,,, imagine the WSP pulling you over for a burnt out bulb, and having them run the camper's numbers only to find out it HOT. You'd be in a heap of hot water.

That is exactly what I was worried about he seemed straight forward but you can't trust anyone these days

I was under the impression, if it doesn't cover your tail lights, its doesn't need to be licensed or anything like that.

I could be wrong though. I have an 8' palomino and it doesn't have a tittle or a plate (that I know of).

If it has a floor it needs a plate. Got ticketed in Milton for just that reason. Did some research and found out the cop was right. Got around that law by bolting it down to the truck making it "permanent" the judge allowed it.