• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cell phone pet peeves

patooyee

I think as I get older I get more peeves. But here are some things I HATE HATE HATE:

When you get a text that says, "Got a minute to call me?" Then I call them and they ignore my call.

Or the text itself is just kind of annoying. Just ****ing call me. If I don't have a minute to talk I'll ignore you. It was probably easier to call me then it was to type the text out anyway.

Or how about when you miss a person's call by half a ring then call them back and it rings 4 times and goes to voice mail? HOW THE **** DID YOU GET FAR ENOUGH AWAY FROM YOUR PHONE IN .05 SECONDS NOT TO HEAR IT RING 4 TIMES????? Do you have super human speed??? Did you drop the phone like a hot coal and just bolt as fast as you could in the opposite direction?

VM itself is a dinosaur. I hate checking voicemail. I see your missed call, I'll call you back. Don't leave a voice mail! If you have just a little bit of info to tell me that you don't need a call back for, text it to me so I don't forget it or have to write it down.

People who still want to give directions. Sorry, Google knows everything, your house IS ON THE MAP and I don't know where your uncle's old meth lab used to be on which you choose to base all of your directions, don't care. I have GPS.

People who call you to give you a phone number to write down. TEXT IT TO ME so that I don't forget it and so that I can dial it directly from the text!!!

This is one I have with my wife. You know the little beep at the end of a ring that sounds when the person you are calling is on the other line? Well, I'm pretty much last priority in my wife's social circles and she NEVER clicks over to me. It has never once happened in our 4 years of marriage so far. If I hear that beep I just hang up the first ring. But inevitably when she calls me back she's like, "Baby, I always pick up for you." Then next time I call and hear the beep it rings 4 times and goes to VM again.

Or when you text someone and like 2 weeks later they see the text and call you like its a current issue. A) It would have been nice to receive a response 2 weeks ago when I needed it. B) Are you stupid, did you not see the time stamp?

Or the wrong numbers with ******s calling who get mad at you for being the wrong number. "Fo' real, whea Shaniqua at? Nigga, don't be payin' wif me. Don't call this numba again!" I don't know a Shaniqua, I'm not playing with you, I didn't call me, you did.

That's all I can think of right now.

All good points. I had a guy get furious at me bc he called me 3 times within about 2 hours lookin for Hank or something like that. I was polite the first 2 times then on the third I told him not so nicely that he needed to quit wastin my time. He called me a liar about calling the same wrong number three times and then proceeded to go off on me about me bein stupid. At that point I hung up before I got irate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually fighting about this right now. I can not stand it when I' m on the phone with someone and they're talking to someone around them. I didn't call to listen to you talk to somebody else! Have enough respect to step away from them for one minute and find out why I called! And if i ask if i should call back later because you're obviously busy don't say no you can talk now then continue talking to the other person!

AdamF said:
I'm actually fighting about this right now. I can not stand it when I' m on the phone with someone and they're talking to someone around them. I didn't call to listen to you talk to somebody else! Have enough respect to step away from them for one minute and find out why I called! And if i ask if i should call back later because you're obviously busy don't say no you can talk now then continue talking to the other person!

That's another good one. I've actually been forgotten about completely while the person on the other end gets so engrossed with their conversation with the other person. Sometimes I'm tempted to just set my phone down and let the conversation continue and see who has the most minutes! :)

Yes, paying good money to get someone a phone in case of emergency or just being able to get ahold of them and they refuse to take it with them when they leave the house. Or if they do, leave it in the truck......L

ontherun said:
Yes, paying good money to get someone a phone in case of emergency or just being able to get ahold of them and they refuse to take it with them when they leave the house. Or if they do, leave it in the truck......L
. Kinda sounds like someone doesn't want to be got a hold of! Lmao, I do the same ****! Dam honey, there no reception where I will be.

Re: Re: Re: Cell phone pet peeves

TacomaJD said:
I was talking to the OP, J.J., in a joking fashion. Not you, you dumb **** woman. :flipgotcha:
OWNED!!
now go make somebody a sammich

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

:popcorn:

Texts, send me one, not 15 back to back to back when one will do. Stop yelling into your phone, nobody around gives a **** what you are talking about, especially when in a restaurant. My biggest peeve is when the dang internet stops loading a page, oh and I wish phone speakers were clearer, it is hard for me to hear clearly and understand what some people are saying.

Here's another one that bugs me with my wife. She will have two separate conversations with me at the same time, one via text on my phone and another via Google Chat on the computer. Why she can't we pick one or the other, I don't know.

Re:

I work nights, a few months ago the wife sent me a text, "are you awake" I replied "no", didn't hear from her again for a couple of hours.

grcthird said:
:popcorn:

oh and I wish phone speakers were clearer, it is hard for me to hear clearly and understand what some people are saying.

Take it off when you use a grinder. You can try running a magnet across the speaker and see if you can remove the grinding dust. Took me a few phones to learn that trick.

Re:

Pet peeve with cell phones? All the bastards I see everyday not driving but talking and texting.

I am literally the only person I know that chose their cell phone carrier by the worst cell coverage available. Hate them, try not to use it if possible. Turns out it works well at Harlan though.

Eric Hagan......I mean Kel Lawrence

Re: Re: Re: Cell phone pet peeves

infamous1 said:
OWNED!!
now go make somebody a sammich

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Says the man that had to go to baby land general with his wife. molaugh