• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy fuel gauge trouble

messix

well i have done some on line research regarding a problem that i have with my 1999 chevy one ton 7.4L. it started with the gauge not reading accurately when fuel level got to 1/4 full, it would then start back to 1/2 full. this has now progressed to where the fuel gauge bounces all over the place while the truck is out of gear [auto tranny] but stays in one spot when in gear.
some reports point to needing a new fuel sender and some point to a new gauge cluster.

any one have any experience with this?

well i have done some on line research regarding a problem that i have with my 1999 chevy one ton 7.4L. it started with the gauge not reading accurately when fuel level got to 1/4 full, it would then start back to 1/2 full. this has now progressed to where the fuel gauge bounces all over the place while the truck is out of gear [auto tranny] but stays in one spot when in gear.
some reports point to needing a new fuel sender and some point to a new gauge cluster.

any one have any experience with this?

Send me the vin troy

I ran the vin troy and the truck doen't fall under the special policy for the cluster.

But if you can get to a code reader--start there by seeing if there is a code for the sender. 75% of the time its the fuel module/sender...

what actually happened?

i went there friday to get a door handle and the guy at the parts counter said he couldn't sell it to me...wtf. i thought bankrupt.

what actually happened?

i went there friday to get a door handle and the guy at the parts counter said he couldn't sell it to me...wtf. i thought bankrupt.

I am not sure on the details--but we heard the same thing--they are unable to sell anything. So we have been taking up there slack and selling parts :redneck:

Latest posts