• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris's toy (Sandtrap1986)

So I stopped by the parts store and like always got the "go ahead in back" and went to where they keep there hoses. I kid you not it took me all of a minute to find the hose I was looking for.

chris-215.jpg

chris-216.jpg

Part number 80264

You know how you have something in the back of your head, a tidbit of info that you think you know. Well I was looking at my selection of tube nuts and grabbed a couple--one threaded in and it was from my selection of GM stuff. Well I did some reading and found the high pressure hose nut is 14mmx1.5mm--same as the gm fuel line on the high pressure side. Well I had an extra from the stuff I ordered for the rig.

Here is the end I will be redoing.

chris-217.jpg

One thing I have learned about this trick is the fact "do not use an OEM hose" and thats because the OEM hose uses thicker tubing and you will either totally fight trying to flare it of break your tool--I have experienced both. So make sure you buy an aftermarket hose.

Another thing is the aftermarket tubing is still thicker than the hardline you get off the shelf so you will have to be careful when you do a double flare.

Here is the hose end all done up and double flared with the 14mmx1.5mm tube nut.

chris-218.jpg

I had to re-work the tubing at the pump side but that was fairly easy and only needed a couple bends to get it to wrap around where I wanted it.

chris-219.jpg

chris-220.jpg

chris-221.jpg

So I filled the system up and cranked the box back/forth to try and get the air out of it.

Hopefully Marc will be done with the intermediate shaft here soon and I can give the truck full steering.

Jimmy's 4x4 sells some really cool metal mounts. If you buy the shifter from them they toss one in the box. I still have not mounted my sheet metal one but it is a lot nicer than the plastic it comes with.

No pictures of mine but here is his thread.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/moto...art-carr-winters-shifter-mounts-brackets.html

I got the tower for flat mount, First one in the thread. I checked my receipt I did get charged 15$ for it. The tube mount, third in the thread, is the free one.

He also had the best price by far when I was shopping for mine. Also the only person that had the 4l60e in stock.:awesomework:

The only problem with that mount is everything below it needs to be fully sealed. I will have to pull the cover tonight and see where the shifter can actually sit.

No pictures of mine but here is his thread.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/moto...art-carr-winters-shifter-mounts-brackets.html

I got the tower for flat mount, First one in the thread. I checked my receipt I did get charged 15$ for it. The tube mount, third in the thread, is the free one.

He also had the best price by far when I was shopping for mine. Also the only person that had the 4l60e in stock.:awesomework:

Let me know if I should buy one mike :thumbup:

On my TJ, I simply used some 1" angle to mount the shifter, and then recessed it into the OEM sheetmetal, so that the lower half of the shifter is below the floorboard, and the upper half of the shifter is above the floorboards. Since you already have to route the cable under the floor, it's an easy install, AND, the beauty is it damn near perfectly fit the OEM hole that pre-existed from the factory.

The shifter knob still fit nicely within arms reach too. I also modified my shift gates to allow for quicker D to R throws.

So Chris stopped by to drop a couple things off. Well he got the wrong dipstick but it really worked out as we can use it. The dipstick that was there was very short and was going to be a bear to fill/check..

chris-223.jpg

Oh, lokar... Make sure it stays far away from the exhaust... I had an engine oil dipstick in mine that was close to the manifold... The inner plastic liner melted and oil sprayed onto the exhaust when off camber.

The trans pan gasket was leaking so I figured it was smart to go ahead and pull it and that way I can see how it looks. Welp it wasn't what I expected. I suspect that is either planetary or sprag/roller clutch pieces.

chris-224.jpg

So I can say the tranny is damaged but to what extent I don't know.

Chris for now lets just ignore this till its able to drive down the road and see what happens. Oh and that trans kit ya got--somebody opened it up and swapped the filter for the wrong one so I just grabbed another kit.

So I threw it back together and have fresh fluid to go back into it.