• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris's toy (Sandtrap1986)

My original plan was to go hardline all the way to the rad/cooler but after some thought I came up with "thats a bad idea" due to movement of the body to the frame. So I ended up going hardline to rubber at the rad.

chris-198.jpg

Cooler mount I made and all mounted up. The hardline dives up with a short section of hose. From the cooler to the radiator is all hardline (tough piece to make) and wraps around the other side of the rad.

chris-199.jpg

p/s cooler also mounted and body notched for the hose to pass thru.

chris-200.jpg

Will be up tomorrow to drop off a few things ...hopefully... Got the dip stick, tail light plugs, steering box piece... Anything else you need?

So the trans cooler setup is all done and the rad is in for good--time for some cooling stuff. I found an upper rad hose that seems to fit quite nice and its funny because its a toyota hose. Its an upper hose off a carbed motor with a 20/22r motor since they have a slight dive (unlike an EFI version that has a little U in it for the air inlet hose to clear).

chris-205.jpg

For the heater hoses that was pretty simple. Since the toy stuff is basically 5/8" for the 4.3 all you need to do is swap the fitting on the intake since its for a 3/4 hose and the other water fitting on the pump is 5/8". In the past I have used the hose with a pre-formed 90 bend near the end and they come in a few different lengths (gates makes them). As you can see with the pre-formed 90 it really makes them fit nice.

chris-202.jpg

chris-203.jpg

chris-204.jpg

So I just gotta figure out the lower radiator hose and the cooling sysytem will be done.

Will be up tomorrow to drop off a few things ...hopefully... Got the dip stick, tail light plugs, steering box piece... Anything else you need?

Nothing I can think of and just got word my machinist buddy is finally getting to the steering shaft so that will be done and ready shortly.

I tried a stock hose from a '96 Blazer. I had to trim a few inches off one end but other than that it was perfecto.

Once nice thing about the parts store I use I get the "go ahead in back and look",lol. But ya I am thinking a gm lower hose be it a v8 or 4.3 will work--just gotta dig thru them.

Finally found a lower radiator hose and fitment was pretty good..

chris-206.jpg

Next will be getting the steering done up since thats the last piece before it can go get exhaust...

Ok so I am back from vacation and jumped right back into it. I spent the day just doing odds/ends on the rig once I got my poor shop all cleaned and re-organized.

The stock toy fitting for the return on the steering box is straight vertical and I wanted a better fitment. Chris is supposed to be bringing me a new fitting but I had one laying around so I went ahead and built a new one.

chris-207.jpg

Once that was done I could now finish the return portion of the steering.

chris-208.jpg

chris-209.jpg

chris-210.jpg

I still need to get a steering hose and once I get the needed fittings from Chris I can get it done but I still need to get a good hose. This is a used one that I had marked for the application as its perfect for how I mod them to go from the gm pump to the toy steering box.

chris-213.jpg

So I filled the cooling system up and damn if I didn't have a pinhole at the neck. So I pulled it off, fixed it and got it back together--no more leaks there.

For those who know me and one of my signature things I do--here is the coolant res tank,lol..

chris-211.jpg

Also got the grill put back in. For those pesky clips that like to break--here is my fix for that..

chris-212.jpg

So while I was gone a long awaited box showed up--his shifter..

chris-214.jpg

So next I will go ahead and get shifter stuff figured out but I gotta do some reading. I have heard about guys not running a kickdown cable and this trans has a plug in its place--so I gotta get that figured out.

Coming up Wednesday to drop some stuff off mike .....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: glad the shifter finally came any new needs? Got the hose part thing

Grab a th350 pan gasket/filter. I gotta pull the pan to fix the dipstick tube and I would grab it but I have cleaned out my petty $$ I have.

So just a toy p/s hose and the return fitting on the steering box and anything else I had on the list previous.