• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

clutch problems 22re

outhouse

k im finishing my buddies buggy for him and its been a head ache to say the least. i havent done any reserch yet but i was hoping someone would know off the top of there head if a 1988 22re uses the same clutch as a 83. the tranny is an 83. i bleed it, the clutch fork moves all the way, it couldent go any more. and if i have to put an 88 tranny in it is the length of the trannys the same so i dont have to fix the drive lines. thanks

The late model tranny is something like 4-6" longer than the earlier cast models. And the early models don't have a removable bellhousing either.

thats what i kinda thought. is there any other reasons it wouldent be going into gear. i dont think its the slave cylinder cus it thros the fork as far as it can. i dont think its the pedal cus its a new cnc pedal. im running out of ideas:mad:

did you personally install the clutch? Just curious, maybe someone didnt put stuff together right. Maybe a throw out bearing on wrong or something.

did you personally install the clutch? Just curious, maybe someone didnt put stuff together right. Maybe a throw out bearing on wrong or something.

no i did not put it in, but i just pulled the tranny off a few hours ago and everything looked kosher. ill over look it agin tomarrow.

so what exactly is the problem you having?

im having a really hard time figuring that out. every things working but nothing works, wtf, so the clutch is blead and it pushes the fork all the way, but it wont go into gear it just grinds. the clutch is in rite. suposibly new. i dont know what the ****s going on. if the slave was bad it wouldent push the fork sam with the pedal. im wondering if the thro out is the wrong one or something stupid like that. dont know man is making my head hurt tho:mad:

got it fixed today. we pulled the pivet point out and put a washer on it so it pushed it out. seemed to do the trick. just didnt push unuf.