• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cooler ideas?

Far be it from me to wish dehydration on anyone. I won't be spittin' in yo co co co co co co cooola.....you all are finely tuned athletic machines! :)

FWIW, I laughed my ass off at some buddies that were spending 1000-2500$ on Mountain bikes. Fast forward from those laughing days when I later became interested in mountain biking.......I now own a 1600$ mountain bike. So me being wrong or misinformed is nothing new. ;)

tonybolton said:
You guys are the ones spendin' 500$ on coolers cuz ya can't drive or walk down a hill....and I'm being made fun of? I'll take that as win.

yawn...Ill just hook my cooler up and tow it.

Back on topic:

WOD made this rear deck..me and Jimmy added the attachment points and then got it sprayed...seems to work good.

BBone that is badass! I like the multiple tie down points :dblthumb: now anybody buying any rotomolded gas cans?? LOL I caught a ration of **** for having two Rotopax cans awhile back. :****:

:woot:

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 486
Don't think I ever will spend 300 for a cooler, but did spend 30 for this souped up koozie! It works great!
14cc3a53af7b3abc9b4bf74c9561a536.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Rockwells607 said:
I can under stand paying up for a cooler that you need for a week hunting or camping to hold ice, but for day trips your gonna put a bag of ice in it every day anyways and only carry a 12 pack or whatever you want for the day, your gonna drink it faster then the ice melts so what's the point of keeping ice for days when you can't hold that much beer? I'll stick with the igloos or cheaper coolers for day riding

Amen. Yeti or any yeti type is a bullshit cooler for trail wheeling. I'm going to go out on a limb here but unless you're wheeling a suburban most of us don't have 1 million cubic feet of storage space in our rigs for a cooler. Yeti coolers look huge then you open them and realize half the space is for insulation. I got a low profile soft side cooler from Seattle Sports, 40 quart. It's not going to break any ice keeping records but it'll hold 30 brews and 20lbs of ice which gets me through at least a couple hours on the trail :****: thumb.gif

I scored a free orca and a free yeti (haven't picked the yeti up yet) but that's the only way in hell i'd ever have one of those coolers. My orca held ice decently 4th of july weekend but it was also opened about 20000000 ****in times because somehow i ended up hauling everyone's drinks. Another problem with spending that much on cooler is i'd be afraid to leave it at camp or in the back of a rig at any kind of event. There are some redneck ass holes out there that would snatch that **** up in a hurry.

bbone said:
Back on topic:

WOD made this rear deck..me and Jimmy added the attachment points and then got it sprayed...seems to work good.

Sons of my bitch! That's me in the passenger seat! That's when you was on Copperhead trying to killz my azz!
And yes, I'm WAY shorter than Ben, but his passenger seat is WAY shorter than is driver seat!

redneckengineered said:
Amen. Yeti or any yeti type is a bullshit cooler for trail wheeling. I'm going to go out on a limb here but unless you're wheeling a suburban most of us don't have 1 million cubic feet of storage space in our rigs for a cooler. Yeti coolers look huge then you open them and realize half the space is for insulation. I got a low profile soft side cooler from Seattle Sports, 40 quart. It's not going to break any ice keeping records but it'll hold 30 brews and 20lbs of ice which gets me through at least a couple hours on the trail :****: thumb.gif

Hmmmm....I think I like how this dude thinks. ;)

I didn't buy my $150 cooler (SubZ) for a single day trail ride. I bought it to keep ice for an entire weekend of camping. It does. That is all.

The wife bought me a K2 cooler for my birthday friday. It looks identical to the Yeti except the latch, and seems to hold ice pretty well so far. She said it was half the price of a yeti.

jta said:
I've never heard of them. Looks like a pretty nice cooler and much cheaper than a Yeti.
I got it at work through our safety buck program but there only $50 and seem fairly durable

Latest posts