• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom passanger drop hp 60

Remember when this thread was cool? Now it's just awkward.

Axle looks amazing. Good luck breaking that.

Eddie look at the OP .. Thread never had a chance of being cool ... :flipoff1:
I do want to say , by gawd Jonny when u get on something you get that **** done and don't drag your feet! Hope this fuker works out for you man. Real talk. U def deserve it as much bs as you've delt with. So is it done yet? ???

kushKrawlin said:
Eddie look at the OP .. Thread never had a chance of being cool ... :flipoff1:
I do want to say , by gawd Jonny when u get on something you get that **** done and don't drag your feet! Hope this fuker works out for you man. Real talk. U def deserve it as much bs as you've delt with. So is it done yet? ???
I was gonna leave out what's left because this is an axle build thread but since you ask.
Patrick redid my brake lines. I need one union to finish it and then bleed the rear. I did alot of adjusting on front and rear 4 link so bolts need to be checked.
The interior needs a good going through and bolt checked. I got to wire up that remote kill for srrs and it's done.

Out of curiosity, what made you stay with the 60 if you bought new gears and had a housing made? Why not consider a fab housing? There are double load bolts 3rds, 10" ring gear upgrades, etc. It's a sweet axle, I was just wondering.

sleepsontoilet said:
Out of curiosity, what made you stay with the 60 if you bought new gears and had a housing made? Why not consider a fab housing? There are double load bolts 3rds, 10" ring gear upgrades, etc. It's a sweet axle, I was just wondering.
Well to put a 14 bolt in mine I would have to start from scratch. Then you run into 4 link issues and drive shaft hanger bearings etc. I already had knuckles rcvs brakes drive shaft etc. I mean even on the spray I don't claim 450 horses so I don't see the need in dropping 10k in a front axle

I hear everything you just said, but I don't remember mine costing anywhere near 10k (cucv 60-->14b rcv, all crane, detroit, wod truss)

New 4 link bars. Changing front of chassis. Installing new hanger bearing (which is mounted to lower link mount) Labor adds up quick and tubing is a little cheaper now but not free

I will say I looked into going driver drop and building a 14 bolt. My drivetrain is slightly over to the passanger side about 2 inches. So to clear the 14 bolt chunk it would have to be pushed more towards the center because the way my front frame rails slope in towards the front and then I would run into making the front driveshaft work. I plan on building another buggy in the future with 14 bolts but Givin the time restraint and what it would take to make a 14 bolt work I just can't justify it.

I was referring to a Fab 9 housing. I paid $900 for the built spooled 3rd up front, and $1510 for the one in back with a Zip locker. I paid $500 for both F&R fab housings someone had laying in their garage. I reused the Chevy 60 outers I already had. So I'm roughly $1150 into the front plus some brackets. You're reusing RCVs so that wouldn't have been a new cost. Even if you stepped up to a Gearworks 10" I wouldn't think you'd be that far out of your budget. A 14 bolt front has limited gear ratios, and only so many upgrades compared to a 9/10".

Budget did play into his decision as it does to most everyone's.
His biggest factor was time. We only had about a month to get all the parts and build the axle and have it back going.
So shopping around for smokin deals was not in the cards. Unfortunately. I believe he has ended up with a much stronger front axle than he had.

rocfun said:
Budget did play into his decision as it does to most everyone's.
His biggest factor was time. We only had about a month to get all the parts and build the axle and have it back going.
So shopping around for smokin deals was not in the cards. Unfortunately. I believe he has ended up with a much stronger front axle than he had.

Nope doubt, it turned out sweet. I wish I'd have spent the money on some nice Cs, but trying to get it done and still have the Moab budget in October.

Eddyj said:
Be careful what you say, they will have you with Pholmann hiding money.
Damn it was a joke I apologize. Don't group me in with that guy!

Allright I'm bringing this back up for an update. Axle is doing amazing. I have had it in situations I know the old one would have let go and I have not been cutting it any slack. Everything ecgs sent me is holding strong with 0 problems. Rocfun did an awesome job putting it together so I can finally be confident in not letting out.