• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom passanger drop hp 60

BUG-E J

Don't get #labroned
So everyone knows my front axle story. Let me start out by saying I was extremely happy with my Jana 76 but I guess the housing becomes the weak link. Well the last time I busted the housing I started calling around to see what the best plan is. I already have solid outers and 300m rcvs so I decided to reuse them no matter what. I had a 14 bolt and lp 60 offered to me for free but it would cost me more to make the 14 use my parts then it won't fit and why spend the money on the lp when I'm at the point I can upgrade. So that should answer most questions. Now for the tech.....

Well after murrah motorsports fixed my wonderful chassis problems I decided to let patrick put my new axle together. I started calling around looking for hp chunks to retube and use my parts. I called ecgs to pick their brain on what they offered and ended up ordering a big list of stuff! The last of it showed today so I figured I would post up where I am at. I got a ton of stuff from eor and ecgs. And now I have a ring and pinion to send to rcv to be treated. If you are spending the kinda money I am on an axle the heat treating and cryo rcv does is worth every penny.

I had this housing tubed to fit my shafts so I ordered some manual shifters for my atlas cause I don't want patrick slacking between now and grayrock!
75d1fb0f1e0faf78977b9232cc07927a.jpg

dd3cd3f57c3d3843323e3d598a61f380.jpg

Re:

I'm pretty impressed with this ecgs custom chunk. It's thicker and more clearanced than I thought it would be. I'm not happy about having to use the diff cover for it because I have busted some similar too this before I bought my Spyder offroad ones. Only time will tell........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hell yeah. I heard Patrick could weld a fly to a buffaloes ass at 100 yards. Bet he can make them inner C's look like flashemifyougotem. I don't see no natty light on the diff cover. That **** won't work

SHELBS44 said:
Hell yeah. I heard Patrick could weld a fly to a buffaloes ass at 100 yards. Bet he can make them inner C's look like flashemifyougotem. I don't see no natty light on the diff cover. That **** won't work
Well its thick but I'm worried about casting. The ONLY reason is because I had a solid cover that was similar that lasted 3 rides. And patrick uses batteries and coat hangers. :****:

BUG-E J said:
Well its thick but I'm worried about casting. The ONLY reason is because I had a solid cover that was similar that lasted 3 rides. And patrick uses batteries and coat hangers. :****:
rocfun said:
Thay are optima batteries though

Hell yeah. Merica!!!! Row tide

Looks like a good start. Mine is very similar except it is a 78/79 housing swapped. RCVs, Solid knuckles/ drive flanges, BTF arms/ diff. cover/ truss, Yukon hubs. I still have factory inner Cs. , 5.13s & full spool.

Should be a tough axle !

Re:

BUG-E J said:
I'm pretty impressed with this ecgs custom chunk. It's thicker and more clearanced than I thought it would be. I'm not happy about having to use the diff cover for it because I have busted some similar too this before I bought my Spyder offroad ones. Only time will tell........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Have someone build you a custom cover!

Re:

Fire Freak said:
Have someone build you a custom cover!
As awesome as they were to deal with I will give this one a ****. I'm not hating on it yet.
smbroady82 said:
Looks like a good start. Mine is very similar except it is a 78/79 housing swapped. RCVs, Solid knuckles/ drive flanges, BTF arms/ diff. cover/ truss, Yukon hubs. I still have factory inner Cs. , 5.13s & full spool.

Should be a tough axle !
If you ain't breaking I should be good! :JRich:

nightcrawler4x4 said:
Do the super 60 and Dana 70 gears fit in this housing?
I didn't ask ecgs on the 70 but I know they wouldn't on the rock jock when I talked with them so I woukd assume no

Yes that will fit the super 60 gears, we have not attempted a 70 gear. The true 10" super 60 gears are available in a 488 and a 538"

I have ordered all my stuff from ECGS over the years, these guys are top notch! They know there ****, and don't give you any bull about warranty stuff, and can have your stuff in about 2 days!

zukimaster said:
I have ordered all my stuff from ECGS over the years, these guys are top notch! They know there ****, and don't give you any bull about warranty stuff, and can have your stuff in about 2 days!
Like I said I called to pick their brains and ended up ordering an axle. I have been very happy.