• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

custom shafts

Cole1

Were are you guys getting custom drivelines from these days? Right now I have a clankety square shaft that is binding really bad at the diff end so I think i need a high angle shaft.

The specs for the rig are 22R/4speed/dual cases with 4" marlin springs in the front and 3.5" old man emu's in the rear. My rear shaft is a custom built from drivelines NW that i got when i got the duals so im just worried about getting the front fixed.

Would it be better to have my knuckle balls turned to get a better angle out of the pinion or use shims in the front to correct the angle?

Let me know what my options are. I can post pics tomorrow night to give you guys some refrence on the angle and the clearance/binding im getting.

Thanks, Chris

Is your front single u-joint or CV?

Single at the diff and a CV at the tcase. It is binding on the Diff side now.

here is the best pic I have of the diff right now till tomorrow night but it sits about parallel with flat ground.
truckbuild049.jpg

Last edited:
What stumps me is I unbolted the lift with the f/r shackles and the dual case set up from a 79' toyotaand bolted it in mine. Blakeski who I got all the parts from didnt have shims in the front but he did have a custom front shaft that was trashed so it was unusable.:eeek:

from the crappy angle of the pic it look's to me as if your caster is rolled way far back. Is it everything that blake had on his truck? I know blake and orange crush too well and he wouldn't have driven it if it was set up wrong or drove badly.

from the crappy angle of the pic it look's to me as if your caster is rolled way far back. Is it everything that blake had on his truck? I know blake and orange crush too well and he wouldn't have driven it if it was set up wrong or drove badly.

Yeah it is everything off his truck and that is why im confused. Ive talked to him about it too and he didt have a problem with the driveshaft, which made me think I needed a custom shaft. The pic is taken on a little bit of a hill with the front of the truck up the hill if that makes any diffrence but to me it looks like the pinion is at or a little above parallel with flat ground.

Here is a link from when Blake first put the springs in his truck but it is pre dual cases. He had the same problem as im having but i have the dual setup from his truck as well.
http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13985&highlight=blakeski

Last edited:
Ok im off to work on the truck so ill snap some pics of the driveline angle. Im also gonna measure the shackles and see If I can just drill some new holes in them to make them shorter and see if that works. I guess if all else fails I can try and pick up a high pinion front and get some 30 spline longs with my tax return.

EDIT.....Well I took a couple pics but there not worth posting since the truck was outside and they came out crappy:booo: I did measure the shackle eye to eye thou and it was 6.5" I think im gonna redrill them to make them 4.5" eye to eye and see how everything looks. hopefully taking 2" out of the shackle will get me a better pinion angle

Last edited: