• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D300s: ... school me

I have a stock 300 behind a C-6 with a clocking ring to get it flat.I payed $300 for the case maybe $75(cheaper than my time/materials to make) for the clocking ring and made my own twin sticks. The combo of the automatic and 6.17's in the diff's allows for the 2.62 in the case,it's a little high at times but suits my style.Seems like you could put a toy case in front of it with a gear set and have the front dig aspect of the 300.I don't know 'bout toy stuff but seams like someone would make an adapter or make youre own.I beat on my 300 pretty good but it also makes me nervous as it is definetly the weak link in my setup.AS long as you don't waste a bunch of $ "upgrading"the 300, it is a cheap way to go. IMNSHO once you start thinking 'bout spending 1K up on a 3hundo.......just buy an Atlas.

Look ......I'll even quote my own statement on how stupit it is to throw $ at a 300:rolleyes:

I'm alright with it ,things happen,live and learn bla bla bla.

It all started with peeling my 6.15 ring gears apart and went upstream from there

Look ......I'll even quote my own statement on how stupit it is to throw $ at a 300:rolleyes:

I'm alright with it ,things happen,live and learn bla bla bla.

It all started with peeling my 6.15 ring gears apart and went upstream from there

I would have loved to get an atlas right out of the box--but hindsight is 20/20 as for a large percentage of the mass's a stock 300 would hold up fine.

Haha....my throttle has two settings..........Idle and KILL!!:redneck: What a dumbass(Brad quote that I hear constantly)....just alot less patient as I get older...weird:looser:

I sat and thought about this statement alot jeff. I don't think its na lack of patience--but unlike the early days you don't have to spend time fixing broken stuff on your rig--it holds up alot better and you know it--so you are able to push yourself alot more constantly than you used to...

I could get an Atlas for the amount I am gonna throw at my 300 BUT I don't have the room nor do I want the displacement of other parts/systems that cramming an Atlas into the car would create.The problems I/we are working out of the car were all forseen by Conover and I was warned by him of the corner I was building myself into.I wanted 100#'s of **** in a 5# box and am now paying the price....meh....I learned alot.