• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D44 Opinions

My personal thoughts are you are wasting money trying to polish a turd, you can buy a stock 60 and be light years ahead in strength. You'll never get your money back out of a built 44. My advice if your hellbent keeping that just because of the housing then I'd get some 50 or 60 outers throw those on and that'll at least get ya a strong outer set up

Thats a good idea...but alota work...but I know guys that just like doin things the hard way to be "different". ;) But then, you take that NEXT step if you're gonna do that and build a 60-9 axle. Good ol' 9" with 50/60 outers. Keep the weight down and clearance up.

I know that everytime I see a vehicle for sale ad. I start reading it and as soon as I see D30/D44 I stop reading and close it out.

tonybolton said:
Thats a good idea...but alota work...but I know guys that just like doin things the hard way to be "different". ;) But then, you take that NEXT step if you're gonna do that and build a 60-9 axle. Good ol' 9" with 50/60 outers. Keep the weight down and clearance up.

I know that everytime I see a vehicle for sale ad. I start reading it and as soon as I see D30/D44 I stop reading and close it out.

I couldn't agree more!! That's good math right there lol